Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

Re: Vintage ACA Tapes Now With 2nd Tape

Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:58 pm

SoundMaster 391 wrote:Dang you beat me to it. Well anyways in that video it's basically the same except they introduce the P-50 (Prototype BTW) and the P-10. I will be uploading my video later.
That prototype is the coolest thing! I love how they have a mounting platform similar to the Cyclone (on a steel pole too!). I wonder if that was actually installed somewhere, I haven't seen any pictures of one in the wild. And that motor really gets going!
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: SoundMaster 391

Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:27 pm

Josh(bearlovesox) wrote:
SoundMaster 391 wrote:Dang you beat me to it. Well anyways in that video it's basically the same except they introduce the P-50 (Prototype BTW) and the P-10. I will be uploading my video later.
That prototype is the coolest thing! I love how they have a mounting platform similar to the Cyclone (on a steel pole too!). I wonder if that was actually installed somewhere, I haven't seen any pictures of one in the wild. And that motor really gets going!
It probably was installed somewhere. But I'm guessing it is gone by now. I actually noticed some differences between the Prototype P-50 and the usual P-50's that you see today.
1. The rotating frame on the P-50 in the video is rectangular instead of the usual triangular shape that you see on todays P-50's.
2. The thing on the back that is connected to the motor cover is shaped differently a little.
3. The little ring that helps to hold the screen and the 2 pieces of the horn together is a bit different. Now on some P-50's that I have seen, they have that same ring design on them. Even the illustrated P-50 in the manual shows that ring design.
Attachments
P-50 1.png
image.jpg
siren.jpg
siren.jpg (25.22 KiB) Viewed 3538 times
P-50 2.png
IMG_1439.jpg
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer
Click here for SoundMasters YouTube Channel

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:34 pm

SoundMaster 391 wrote:
Josh(bearlovesox) wrote:
It probably was installed somewhere. But I'm guessing it is gone by now. I actually noticed some differences between the Prototype P-50 and the usual P-50's that you see today.
1. The rotating frame on the P-50 in the video is rectangular instead of the usual triangular shape that you see on todays P-50's.
2. The thing on the back that is connected to the motor cover is shaped differently a little.
3. The little ring that helps to hold the screen and the 2 pieces of the horn together is a bit different. Now on some P-50's that I have seen, they have that same ring design on them. Even the illustrated P-50 in the manual shows that ring design.
What is that second picture from? It could actually be the same siren as seen in the video...
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Zarlog wrote:
SoundMaster 391 wrote:
Josh(bearlovesox) wrote: That prototype is the coolest thing! I love how they have a mounting platform similar to the Cyclone (on a steel pole too!). I wonder if that was actually installed somewhere, I haven't seen any pictures of one in the wild. And that motor really gets going!
What is that second picture from? It could actually be the same siren as seen in the video...
It was from Colony TX. And no the P-50 in the 2nd picture is not the one in the video.
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer

siren fan

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:38 am

Are those Penetrators possibly the ones at the Excelon plant being installed?

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:17 am

Was this once ACA's building?

I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

EOWS1212man
YouTube Username: BFDfire288

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:41 am

What do you guys want to bet that both of these two 'clones have coding mechanisms? These ones I believe also have smaller 40HP motors in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fxo04ga6NA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOtEs_aHCmI
Proud owner of a Model A, Model 2, Model 2T and Model 5

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:59 am

EOWS1212man wrote:What do you guys want to bet that both of these two 'clones have coding mechanisms? These ones I believe also have smaller 40HP motors in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fxo04ga6NA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOtEs_aHCmI
The 120 on top definitely has a damper on it. You see how there is extra wiring going to the intake area? Im not sure about the 2nd 120 though since I don't see any wiring going to the intake.
Last edited by SoundMaster 391 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EOWS1212man
YouTube Username: BFDfire288

Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:11 am

Well, it appears a certain "somebody" didn't want to play nice and pulled the first video. I knew it was going to happen. Let's just say that I... planned ahead. You're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azt7sqG5BuE
Proud owner of a Model A, Model 2, Model 2T and Model 5

Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:46 am

EOWS1212man wrote:Well, it appears a certain "somebody" didn't want to play nice and pulled the first video. I knew it was going to happen. Let's just say that I... planned ahead. You're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azt7sqG5BuE
I spoke with him earlier. The reason the video was pulled was because Biersach still has his team of lawyers who would love to sue due to a copywrite infringement. While he wanted to give us a taste, he did not want to get in any trouble. Post these at your own risk.
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

Return to “Videos and Media”