Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

Re: San Onofre Nuclear Plant "Mystery Sirens" Replaced

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:42 pm

SiraTone wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:04 pm
The person I know who used to work for Pacific Bell (It was Pacific Bell at the time now AT&T) just checked and serviced to phone lines going to them. He retired years ago he didn’t test them or service them since that wasn’t his job it was Edison’s. The coworker that I work with just knows they sounded much louder cause he lives close to the one by Pacific Sales and has lived in San Juan all his life. So nobody knows the MHZ rating sadly.
Thats unfortunate ,well at least when I take the tour on Saturday at SONGS maybe people there know where the JGP sirens went after they got replaced. I do know that the STL-10s that were in the old system went to Curry County ,Oregon ,so the JGP sirens had to have gone somewhere.
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

SiraTone

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:43 pm

What I would do is try to ask somebody who has been there a long time. That’s usually the type of person who may know. They could be in storage but god knows where if they are. Plus I don’t think they would be in storage on site knowing how all that is going to be bulldozed in the next few years as part of the decommissioning.

Duderocks5539
YouTube Username: Duderocks5539
Discord: Duderocks5539

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 pm

SiraTone wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:43 pm
What I would do is try to ask somebody who has been there a long time. That’s usually the type of person who may know. They could be in storage but god knows where if they are. Plus I don’t think they would be in storage on site knowing how all that is going to be bulldozed in the next few years as part of the decommissioning.
They might've been installed in another state since thats what they did with the STL-10s. And even though the plant is being decommissioned ,the Whelens are still being used but they don't test them in mid October like they used to ,they havent said anything yet about a new test date ,but on SONGS website it says that they still are maintained and operated for tsunamis and other emergency's.
Proud owner of a Federal Sign & Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, Federal Sign & Signal Model L, Darley Model 2-120 and a Model 120 from the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
Model 120 wiki: https://wiki.airraidsirens.net/Model_120

SiraTone

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 am

I know they still growl test them. If the old toshibas are in storage my best guess there in a SCE warehouse or something like that. The STL-10s went to curry county cause they were simple to install cause they don’t have any compressors/blowers. The toshibas/JGP’s didn’t go probably since they would have been a pain in the but to install if they had a compressor underground. Agian they may be there in curry county but we don’t know for sure. Hoping John G. Powell gets back to you soon about them.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”