CycloneFan125
YouTube Username: Sirens & Elevators

Texas Siren Testing

Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:37 pm

So I might be going to Texas sometime in 2016 for a week and was wondering when some places in Texas would test their sirens. I already know most of Dallas tests theirs on the first Wednesday but what about the other cities?

Travis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: DL1011

Re: Texas Siren Testing

Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:46 am

Where in Texas are you going? Most large cities in the state do testing on Wednesday, but there are a few that do tests on other days like Tyler, Waco, Katy. Some cities south of San Antonio do daily tests, and there are several towns in West Texas that test each Saturday at noon. Texas is a huge state, so it really just depends on where you are going.
-The Princess

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Ik theres already lots of video's of it, but I know that McKinney TX test their sirens once a month on "Best possible protection tone", but IMO, I think you should record some other unique siren in TX, but that place has 4008's, rare siren, rare tone :P
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

siren fan

Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:56 am

Sunnyvale, TX Whelen 4004's use the Best Possible Protection tone also.

bigtuna7O
YouTube Username: Big Tuna

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:26 am

I'd be interested in recordings between Wichita Falls and Amarillo. Central TX (where I'm at) is pretty desolate as far as I'm concerned, unless you really want a hundred different shots of a rusted Model 2. I know SirenkiD has got DFW (where I grew up) covered, which can be kinda fun depending on what you're looking for/if you know where to look. But I know up in North TX is where they still have some notable sirens: old federals, ACAs, etc. As far as specific activation dates go I'm probably not the most helpful person to ask. There's a 1003 in Electra that Jeb (holler) or Bryan (mixerbd699) might be able to give you some info on. There's also another 1003 in Nocona, a 1000AT in Henrietta and 2 more BT's in Holliday, all relatively close to each other if you find yourself in North-ish Texas. Again, Texas is a big ol' state, and figuring out where you'll be exactly will help us point you in the right direction. Happy hunting!
My girlfriend does not understand this at all. Actually I really don't either.

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:57 am

If you go to Wichita Falls, I see there is someone selling Thunderbolt's there for $200 each, maybe bring a trailer and some money with you to TX. Or are.. you taking a plane...
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

bigtuna7O
YouTube Username: Big Tuna

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:14 am

Valtonus wrote:If you go to Wichita Falls, I see there is someone selling Thunderbolt's there for $200 each
...go on...
My girlfriend does not understand this at all. Actually I really don't either.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:40 pm

Don't know where they would be getting those sirens from, Every siren from the old system is gone and is now in three different states.

CycloneFan125
YouTube Username: Sirens & Elevators

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Valtonus wrote:If you go to Wichita Falls, I see there is someone selling Thunderbolt's there for $200 each, maybe bring a trailer and some money with you to TX. Or are.. you taking a plane...
I'd definitely be flying. Lol.

p50needsablower
YouTube Username: AJ'ssirenvlogriccobono

Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Oh i got a fun quest for you. Look for that mystery p50 that was supposedly in armarillo. :P50:
Proud owner of an imaginary :P50:

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”