AST128_RyanK

Netherlands to Phase-Out Sirens

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:18 pm

The Netherlands is planning on phasing out their national siren system by 2017 according to the Ministry of Security and Justice.

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/binnenla ... n-de-maand

Fletch

Re: Netherlands to Phase-Out Sirens

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Several European nations have nationwide siren systems. Sweden has a horn/diaphone system.

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:33 pm

They also have mechanical and electronic sirens as well; the air horns are being replaced by them (I think, well, that's what my best German translation skills told me)
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

E57
YouTube Username: Badischer Heuler

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Fletch wrote:Several European nations have nationwide siren systems. Sweden has a horn/diaphone system.
Except Germany...
You can find nationwide systems in Switzerland (7800 sirens, if I remember right), the KTG's (pneumatic), the Landert MSL-3/6 (mechanical) and the ET751 (old electronic siren of Kockum Sonic) and other old sirens are/will be replaced with electronic sirens from Sonnenburg with SES 750/1000/2000 and Kockum Sonics Delta 4/6/8. The newer sirens sound so ... ugly... The test every first Wednesday in February between 13.30-14.15 with "Allgemeiner Alarm" = Wail. In Canton Ticino they also test between 14.15-15.00 "Wasseralarm" = flood alarm. Flood alarm are 12 deep tones with 20 sec duration and 10 sec pauses between it.
Austria has 8200 sirens, most of them are mechanical. They test every saturday at Noon with "Probe"=Test (15 sec.) At the first saturday in October they do a big nationwide siren test. The first signal is "Probe" (15 sec.). The second signal is "Warnung" = like full alert ( 3 min.) . The third is "Alarm" = Wail. The last signal is "Entwarnung" = all clear.
France does also have a nationwide system. They test every Monday or Wednesday in month with Wail. I don't know anymore, if it was Wednesday or Monday... :/
Danmark does have a systems of Whelen's. In the siren wiki is an article about it, so I needn't to tell about it.
In Finland are sirens. Most of them are Teho-Ulvo or Instoma sirens. Both are electronic. But in Turku is a Hörmann F71! It's still active! Look here for pictures: http://hochleistungssirene.de/index.php ... =406&pic=1
In Oulu were also 2 Pintsch-Bamag Anlage 1. Both are already dismantled in 2007 and 2009.
In Rauma has also been a F71, it's gone between 2011-2012 according to Street View.
The Netherland has a system of Modulators, tested every first Monday at 12.00 with "luchtalarm". Sounds very funny. I don't know, what that means and WHY it sounds like that...

Greets from Germany :)
Last edited by E57 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
German siren enthusiast
I apologize for possible mistakes in grammar or language, English isn't my native language.

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:48 am

E57 wrote:
Fletch wrote:Several European nations have nationwide siren systems. Sweden has a horn/diaphone system.
Except Germany...
You can find nationwide systems in Switzerland (7800 sirens, if I remember right), the KTG's (pneumatic), the Landert MSL-3/6 (mechanical) and the ET751 (old electronic siren of Kockum Sonic) and other old sirens are/will be replaced with electronic sirens from Sonnenburg with SES 750/1000/2000 and Kockum Sonics Delta 4/6/8. The newer sirens sound so ... ugly... The test every first Wednesday in February between 13.30-14.15 with "Allgemeiner Alarm" = Wail. In Canton Ticino they also test between 14.15-15.00 "Wasseralarm" = flood alarm. Flood alarm are 12 deep tones with 20 sec duration and 10 sec pauses between it.
Austria has 8200 sirens, most of them are mechanical. They test every saturday at Noon with "Probe"=Test (15 sec.) At the first saturday they do a big nationwide siren test. The first signal is "Probe" (15 sec.). The second signal is "Warnung" = like full alert ( 3 min.) . The third is "Alarm" = Wail. The last signal is "Entwarnung" = all clear.
France does also have a nationwide system. They test every Monday or Wednesday in month with Wail. I don't know anymore, if it was Wednesday or Monday... :/
Danmark does have a systems of Whelen's. In the siren wiki is an article about it, so I needn't to tell about it.
In Finland are sirens. Most of them are Teho-Ulvo or Instoma sirens. Both are electronic. But in Turku is a Hörmann F71! It's still active! Look here for pictures: http://hochleistungssirene.de/index.php ... =406&pic=1
In Oulu were also 2 Pintsch-Bamag Anlage 1. Both are already dismantled in 2007 and 2009.
In Rauma has also been a F71, it's gone between 2001-2012 according to Street View.
The Netherland has a system of Modulators, tested every first Monday at 12.00 with "luchtalarm". Sounds very funny. I don't know, what that means and WHY it sounds like that...

In France the sirens are tested every first wednesday of the month at noon.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

E57

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:31 am

Darley Champion wrote:
E57 wrote:
Except Germany...
Austria has 8200 sirens, most of them are mechanical. They test every saturday at Noon with "Probe"=Test (15 sec.) At the first saturday they do a big nationwide siren test. The first signal is "Probe" (15 sec.). The second signal is "Warnung" = like full alert ( 3 min.) . The third is "Alarm" = Wail. The last signal is "Entwarnung" = all clear.
In Rauma has also been a F71, it's gone between 2001-2012 according to Street View.

In France the sirens are tested every first wednesday of the month at noon.
Thanks! Here is a video of a French siren during the testhttps://youtu.be/ZduE8Mt5UP8
German siren enthusiast
I apologize for possible mistakes in grammar or language, English isn't my native language.

Daniel

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:21 am

Poland has a lot of sirens, mostly for fire use. I don't believe Portugal has a national system, but many fire departments still use them. Theirs are often 2nd-interval sirens like this one:

https://youtu.be/vCChglXYHno
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:33 pm

IIRC, isn't the Netherlands the European country with a system of Modulator 2008s? Or at least Modulators in general?
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

E57

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:52 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:IIRC, isn't the Netherlands the European country with a system of Modulator 2008s? Or at least Modulators in general?
Yes.
They have also Modulator 1004's. I think I can remember that hey have also 3012, but I'm not sure if they have 3012.
German siren enthusiast

Daniel

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:39 am

Latvia installed a number of 2001's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VABLNe44I08
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”