Sean juth
YouTube Username: Sean juth

Best siren mounting options

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:47 am

What is the best option of siren mounting
This excludes roof mounting because there are different types of roofs and not all of them will cave in. The types of siren mounting methods are (some maybe left out), poles, truss, wire hanged ( see murrfarms eows 1212 fairgrounds picture), and cell tower's (any utility tower) this is a opinion topic and feel free to find pictures of the weirdest siren installation you've seen
PLEASE DONT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY SERIOUSLY!
Sean C
I own a whelen 2800 cell, a busted beyond repair 2904 (used to be a 2909) and a black whelen 400 watt speaker driver.
I want the model d from Paint Rock Alabama
Huntsville Alabama Native

Storm_master

Re: Best siren mounting options

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:03 am

Um, For my siren installation (if I get one) will probably have a solid metal pole wth concrete and gravel at the bottom and in terms of siren. Probably if one I decide to restore goes back into service maybe a 2t22b?? Or a thunderbolt B series. If it's the new era then maybe I would choose to put a sentry siren up.

E57
YouTube Username: Badischer Heuler

Re: Best siren mounting options

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:07 pm

In Germany, some sirens are/were mounted in church towers. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of a siren in a church tower :/
Today many sirens are mounted on masts like in the US and it's getting more and more common. But of course most sirens are (still) standing on houses.

But now I can remember a post in the German siren forum, where someone posted a picture of a HLS 273 on a cell tower. Sirens on a cell tower are very rare in Germany. Here it is: Image

Credits goes to MiThoTyN, who posted that picture
Today there is an ECN 2400 at the same place :( Now itlooks like this: Image This is from the user Marcel94.

In Cologne-Niehl is the same situation. The good thing is: it' still active and is tested every first saturday in quarter at 12.00 with all clear-warning-all clear! Look at this: http://hochleistungssirene.de/index.php ... pic=1#bild

Greets!
German siren enthusiast
I apologize for possible mistakes in grammar or language, English isn't my native language.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”