Greenfield1003
YouTube Username: Indy Metro Sirens

Siren Controls

Mon May 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Okay so I know siren heads and port ratios pretty well, however I am struggling a bit with the controls, Could someone tell me the names of all of the controls that each siren company used, as well as how long each one was used for and what sirens they were used on? (I know Federal's very well and I know a little bit about Whelen's but as for Sentry, ATI, and ACA/ASC I don't even know the names of their controls lol.) If someone could tell me all of this that would be great; I feel like I've learned quite a bit about sirens since my "BOB" days but i'm still a little slippery on the controls
YouTube: Indy Metro Sirens
Facebook: Elizabeth Ogorek
Instagram: indy.sirens_weather_trains

Model L
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: Egress
Discord: Egress.

Re: Siren Controls

Mon May 22, 2017 4:09 pm

well, all manufacturers back in the day used very similar systems. 1-5 control cams and switches to go along with. electronic sirens had tone generators, and a simple timer circuit. today, mechanical sirens use similar circuits to the earlier electronic sirens, but instead of a tone generator, there is a motor contactor. modern electronic sirens are little more than a computer.
Resident of Beaverton, Oregon
Proud owner of 2 Model L's and a 1984 WS-3000 serial # 717
19 years old
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444 or DM me

Greenfield1003
YouTube Username: Indy Metro Sirens

Re: Siren Controls

Mon May 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Model L wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 4:09 pm
well, all manufacturers back in the day used very similar systems. 1-5 control cams and switches to go along with. electronic sirens had tone generators, and a simple timer circuit. today, mechanical sirens use similar circuits to the earlier electronic sirens, but instead of a tone generator, there is a motor contactor. modern electronic sirens are little more than a computer.
That info helps, thanks. If someone could go a bit more specific that would be great
YouTube: Indy Metro Sirens
Facebook: Elizabeth Ogorek
Instagram: indy.sirens_weather_trains

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”