Bdesantis5632

YouTube Username: RailYardWarrior

Re: Sheldon Park EOWS 612 Returns!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:56 am

Logan wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 pm
Sweet! Welcome to the EOWS 612 owners club! Cool siren to have.
It is indeed! I expected it to be complicated but is has a surprisingly simple setup!
Proud owner of the Sheldon Park EOWS 612 and two Thunderbolts

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd0_8j ... subscriber

Bdesantis5632

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:00 am

Greenfield1003 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:49 am
I remember watching the video of this siren on YouTube back when I first got into sirens. It was, and still is, the best video of a Siratone EOWS siren running Alternate Wail on YouTube. Glad it has a good home now!
I remember that too. I used to be deathly afraid of sirens for a while until they unintentionally became a hobby as I was trying to overcome them. Being in Livonia, the 612 scared me quite a bit. I never thought I'd have it for my own! It's still a little intimidating but it's already my favorite siren.

Greenfield1003
YouTube Username: Indy Metro Sirens

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:10 pm

nahIDee wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:53 am
Greenfield1003 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:49 am
I remember watching the video of this siren on YouTube back when I first got into sirens. It was, and still is, the best video of a Siratone EOWS siren running Alternate Wail on YouTube. Glad it has a good home now!
It was probably the first video I've seen of an EOWS* 612
Same here
YouTube: Indy Metro Sirens
Facebook: Elizabeth Ogorek
Instagram: indy.sirens_weather_trains

Vey198885

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:19 pm

(Sorry for bump)

What do you need to do to fix the siren?

Also pretty cool you got the original SiraTone controller with it :)

Bdesantis5632

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Well, there are a few issues I need to sort out. First, a few parts of the housing is warped, and it needs a new back panel. Also, the collector rings were exposed for god knows how long, so unfortunately it will not work the way it used to. I don't know what I'll do with the collector rings, probably sell it. Fortunately I have a relative who has some speaker parts and amplifiers I can use, so hopefully when it is done I can use an aux cord or even bluetooth to get it running again. The SiraTone Controllers were reused somewhere else, and WSS doesn't have any at the moment. There's tons of work to do, but it's coming along nicely

Vey198885

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Bdesantis5632 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:41 pm
Well, there are a few issues I need to sort out. First, a few parts of the housing is warped, and it needs a new back panel. Also, the collector rings were exposed for god knows how long, so unfortunately it will not work the way it used to. I don't know what I'll do with the collector rings, probably sell it. Fortunately I have a relative who has some speaker parts and amplifiers I can use, so hopefully when it is done I can use an aux cord or even bluetooth to get it running again. The SiraTone Controllers were reused somewhere else, and WSS doesn't have any at the moment. There's tons of work to do, but it's coming along nicely
Oh I thought the chimes where from a SiraTone :D

Can't wait to see it all nice and cleaned up

Bdesantis5632

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:42 pm

Thank you! The chimes are in the siratone, I was doing a makeshift setup where I put an iHome speaker in one of the horns. I haven't posted a picture yet, but it's all clean and almost done cosmetically

FahmiRBLX
YouTube Username: FahmiRBLX

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am

And I'd like to see it running when complete. Anyways, nice siren. :D
A Muslim Malaysian, a siren & aviation enthusiast, and gamer.

Mini Mobil Directo Project
Sirens in Malaysia Thread

Siren1000T
YouTube Username: Siren1000T

Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:26 pm

I got a message from Jeff at WSS saying

"Hi Danny,

Good to hear from you.

Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what happened to the control cabinet. Most of them were in very bad shape. More than likely, they were just scrapped.

Thanks,

Jeff DuPilka | President
West Shore Services, Inc. | 6620 Lake Michigan Drive, P.O. Box 188 | Allendale, MI 49401
(616) 895-4347 ext. 112 | Fax (616) 895-7158 | Cell (616) 291-0769"

From what I remember, any remaining siratone controllers WSS has left (if any) are very likely not fixable. I've bought an old siratone controller from them a couple years ago and tried to get it to work but the signals wouldn't sound. There was power going to the amps though. So I ordered a new control buttons but still wouldn't work. Then I decided to swap it out with another controller that was still attached on a pole connected to an EOWS laying in the yard. After I got it, I realized it was a different kind of controller called the MC. I didn't actually know anything about those but I'm actually glad I got to own one and worked just fine for me. Maybe some day, me and Ben could meet up with each other and play with our sirens since we live close by.
Proud and first owner of a Whelen WPS-3000

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:57 am

Siren1000T wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:26 pm
I got a message from Jeff at WSS saying

"Hi Danny,

Good to hear from you.

Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what happened to the control cabinet. Most of them were in very bad shape. More than likely, they were just scrapped.

Thanks,

Jeff DuPilka | President
West Shore Services, Inc. | 6620 Lake Michigan Drive, P.O. Box 188 | Allendale, MI 49401
(616) 895-4347 ext. 112 | Fax (616) 895-7158 | Cell (616) 291-0769"

From what I remember, any remaining siratone controllers WSS has left (if any) are very likely not fixable. I've bought an old siratone controller from them a couple years ago and tried to get it to work but the signals wouldn't sound. There was power going to the amps though. So I ordered a new control buttons but still wouldn't work. Then I decided to swap it out with another controller that was still attached on a pole connected to an EOWS laying in the yard. After I got it, I realized it was a different kind of controller called the MC. I didn't actually know anything about those but I'm actually glad I got to own one and worked just fine for me. Maybe some day, me and Ben could meet up with each other and play with our sirens since we live close by.
The tone generators on a lot of those SiraTones are probably dead thanks to overheating and the chips melting themselves. Perhaps just a busted capacitor or something, who knows.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”