vortexofmisery

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:49 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I figure this was worth updating for. I didn't think there was any mechanical sirens in Jefferson County, MO but I found a lil treasure in Crystal City, MO. Sorry for the quality, it was raining.

Adam Pollak
YouTube Username: CrazySirenBoy

Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:31 pm

There is that siren. DeSoto has an ancient old horizontal fire siren in storage at a yard somewhere (quite possibly scrapped by now). Festus also has an active Model 5 and a Sterling M for tornado sirens. Hillsboro has an old STL-10. I believe Antonia also has an old Model 2 fire siren used for tornadoes now.

Ninja Squirrel

Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:37 am

On the 3016, is there a reason why the bottom tubes are bent in that way?
The sniper rifle. For when you want to reach out and touch someone. Like blow their head off.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HyperFlameGuy

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:03 am

Ninja Squirrel wrote:On the 3016, is there a reason why the bottom tubes are bent in that way?
Bent? You sure you're not looking at the power cable?
--bc

FedTB

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:19 pm

I forgot about that 2T22 in Crystal City. I saw it on TV back in 1993, if I remember correctly, during coverage of the big flood. Isn't it across the street from a water tower?

I didn't know about the sirens in Hillsboro and Festus that you mentioned. I thought that Hillsboro had a yellow Model 5 on top of the courthouse. I did see that on TV before when coverage of a trial or other crime took place down that way and the news team stood near the courhouse.

Nice to see some sirens scattered about the county, as you show. Are there any in the densely populated areas of High Ridge? That's a community that desperately needs sirens. I don't care how much the hilly topography would affect a system. That's just a piss poor excuse.

vortexofmisery

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:48 pm

I've never seen any sirens in High Ridge. I've also never seen any sirens in unincorporated areas and towns, such as Brynes Mill, Barnhart, Imperial, House Springs and Kimmswick to name a few.

Along with a few scattered older sirens, here's the newer siren installations:

Arnold: ATI system
Pevely: Whelen WPS-2909's
Herculaneum: Whelen WPS-4004's
De Soto: Whelen WPS-4004's
Hillsboro: Whelen WPS-4004's
Festus: Whelen WPS-4004's

There's also a Whelen omnidirectional siren (2 cell) about 1 mile south of Festus on Highway 61, that looks like it belongs to a company.

tsalisbury0
New User
YouTube Username: TYLER SALISBURY

Re:

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:46 am

FedTB wrote:
Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:19 pm
I forgot about that 2T22 in Crystal City. I saw it on TV back in 1993, if I remember correctly, during coverage of the big flood. Isn't it across the street from a water tower?

I didn't know about the sirens in Hillsboro and Festus that you mentioned. I thought that Hillsboro had a yellow Model 5 on top of the courthouse. I did see that on TV before when coverage of a trial or other crime took place down that way and the news team stood near the courhouse.

Nice to see some sirens scattered about the county, as you show. Are there any in the densely populated areas of High Ridge? That's a community that desperately needs sirens. I don't care how much the hilly topography would affect a system. That's just a piss poor excuse.
It was a 3t22b and they replaced them with Whelen 2900's and joined Festus test dates. There is a Whelen 2801 at a train maintenance facility on 61 south of 67

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”