Welcome to the Siren Board! 3.3.6

This area of the site is for discussing things related to Outdoor Warning Sirens.
By kswx29
Westmoreland, Kansas
Not in use anymore.
Photo: Google Maps

Riley, Kansas
Unknown if still in use.
Photo: Google Maps
Last edited by kswx29 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By md5
Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
By kswx29
md5 wrote:Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
They have a 2705 at North & Kansas a few blocks from this 2704. There used to be a Model 5 next to that 2704, but was taken down years ago. Carbondale tests sirens everyday at noon and 6PM. I am hoping to get a recording sometime soon.
By md5
2t22boy wrote:
md5 wrote:Since google maps updated their StreetView once more. Carbondale, KS has a whelen it seems.

Click me
They have a 2705 at North & Kansas a few blocks from this 2704. There used to be a Model 5 next to that 2704, but was taken down years ago. Carbondale tests sirens everyday at noon and 6PM. I am hoping to get a recording sometime soon.
Ah, not too bad. Too far of a drive from here to that part of Kansas with the gas prices and all... :?

Just wait until Google posts up the Greensburg KS Streetview. You'll be stunned.
By cauberallies
I have some shitty cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

I will upload them shortly, and hopefully take some better ones soon.

EDIT: And I don't know if there is anyone still around from the old days on this board. I have been a part of this, and previous incarnations of the warningsirens/airraidsirens.com board for 10 years now, but haven't been active in quite a while. Who is still here?
By Rheems1
cauberallies wrote:I have some shitty cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

EDIT: And I don't know if there is anyone still around from the old days on this board. I have been a part of this, and previous incarnations of the warningsirens/airraidsirens.com board for 10 years now, but haven't been active in quite a while. Who is still here?

Well I am from the Blake Woods days of Warningsirens.org... so I guess that makes me an old timer and I am still around but not nearly as active as I once was. There are still some other old timers on as well though they.. like me.... aren't as active.
By NanSiren
Rheems1 wrote:
cauberallies wrote:I have some shitty cell phone pics to upload of a mystery siren within a few miles of my house. It looks like a stack of dinner plates, maybe 10 of them. It is the only siren of this type I have ever seen, seen pictures of, or heard of.

Well I am from the Blake Woods days of Warningsirens.org... so I guess that makes me an old timer and I am still around but not nearly as active as I once was. There are still some other old timers on as well though they.. like me.... aren't as active.
Yeah, me too.
Calhan, Colorado siren

What's even better is when you try to act like a m[…]

No, it's single tone, so either a 3V8(H), 7V8(B) […]

Did not know your from PA nice to know another Pen[…]

ASC E-Class

The E-Class is just a few speakers mounted to a me[…]