sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:41 pm

I thought they tested in alternate wail.
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:36 am

The one Bill went to record is a newer install with UV controls. The two on the riverfront usually do alternate wail. I have a video on my channel. Perhaps the county as a whole didn't test?
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:57 am

I was at the one on SR 8 next to I-471, so they probably didn't even test, as I couldn't hear anything else from the Kentucky side of the river.
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:23 am

I swear, for the second time now, I've been hearing a siren of some type going off for about a minute somewhere southeast of Finneytown. I think the last time, as well as tonight, I wondered if maybe it was from St. Xavier High School scoring a touchdown, but I doubt it. It was hard to tell what it sounded like, but I kind of wonder if maybe it was the STH-10 in Arlington Heights, but they use Reading for their fire department these days. Any thoughts on this?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:43 pm

I just passed the Hamilton HOR super sirex, and it looks like they might be removing that piece of history. However, I could be wrong. It looks like it's rotated since the last time it tested.

Sirenfan1000
YouTube Username: amtrak3501

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:21 pm

They shouldnt be removing it, they never mentioned it. And yes me and 4 other siren enthusiasts filmed it in August
owner of a Sentry F2 4 Model D's 2 Model L's 4 Model A's A Model J a Sireno Model D, Edwards Model F and a Western Cullen Hayes Mechanical Bell

Kentuckysirens
YouTube Username: Sirensofcincinnati

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:33 pm

carexpertandy wrote:I swear, for the second time now, I've been hearing a siren of some type going off for about a minute somewhere southeast of Finneytown. I think the last time, as well as tonight, I wondered if maybe it was from St. Xavier High School scoring a touchdown, but I doubt it. It was hard to tell what it sounded like, but I kind of wonder if maybe it was the STH-10 in Arlington Heights, but they use Reading for their fire department these days. Any thoughts on this?

I can confirm it isn't Arlington Heights. 4J25 and I have confirmed the STH-10 to be inactive. About 2 years ago we talked to someone at the building it's on

Chriswg

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:25 pm

Had to re-register as my previous user name 'Cw212010' wont work!

Anyway, I will shortly be acquiring a Thunderbolt. I won't state sources at the moment however I intend on refurbishing it and donating it to either a museum or a fire department/local town who can benefit from it.

I'm in Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati and I would appreciate any one's help for the rewiring, mechanics, painting and advice. I will be choosing one next week so pictures to follow.

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:13 am

I'm not really all that mechanically experienced, but I would love to see it and maybe learn a thing or two about how they work. Congrats on obtaining it!
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:36 am

i can help you along with your restore if need be as i have three of them and have 2 of the 3 in pieces currently restoring them. plus im local down here in louisville ky to be of assistance There are plenty of others who can help you along the way too on the board whom have restored plenty more thunderbolts that i could ever think of restoring. Let me know if you need anything.
Female enthusiast who is the owner of many large and small sirens, misc controls, timers etc. (too many to list in this small space) all big sirens came from cincinnatis old system.

Return to “Community Systems”