Chriswg

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Jailbar is just the fact it has a criss-cross grill as opposed to a fabric covering? The water tower certainly is a Jailbar if that is the case.

Oh trust me it works - we let it sing. It has a brand new blue control box (The original FS one is gone) and according to the crew in the station it goes off every month. It may now, however be switched off in the near future but I will likely take possession of it at the start of next year and ensure it goes to a good home - It needs a crane though!

I have to say, Cincinnati's Thunderbolts are in exceptional condition!

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:29 pm

That one faced east after this month's test, and as I was driving home from UC today, I noticed that it's now pointed west. Do you have anything to do with that?

And yes to your question about Jailbars, though some may have a screen as well if it was added on.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Chriswg

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:49 pm

That'll be me! Honestly though I can't remember if we shut it off. I think it is still on.

I did get some pictures today but not sure how to upload. It's worth pointing out that I have been lucky enough to get up close and personal due to my job - I don't think they'd let a civilian so I wanted to share and keep you guys in the loop.

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Chriswg wrote:That'll be me! Honestly though I can't remember if we shut it off. I think it is still on.

I did get some pictures today but not sure how to upload. It's worth pointing out that I have been lucky enough to get up close and personal due to my job - I don't think they'd let a civilian so I wanted to share and keep you guys in the loop.
You can upload them to a photo service such as photobucket, and then copy and paste the "direct link" into the img bracket:

[img]Direct-Link-goes-Here[/img]
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

coastalsyrolover

Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:21 am

PS: thunderbolts have screens... Not fabric. But that's RAD! Can't wait to see the pics!!!
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Sirenfan1000
YouTube Username: amtrak3501

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:13 am

went to Monroe OH today at the FD off OH-63 and ended getting a dual of sirens with the 508 and 612 sounding off together, was interesting and no the other 612's didnt have a 508 next to them.
owner of a Sentry F2 4 Model D's 2 Model L's 4 Model A's A Model J a Sireno Model D, Edwards Model F and a Western Cullen Hayes Mechanical Bell

carexpertandy

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:17 am

That's pretty interesting!

Well the T-128 on top of Calhoun Hall failed to activate today. I imagine it's only something simple though, because it ran just fine last month.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Sirenfan1000

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:21 am

someone cut the power and what have ya? when I tried Round Lake Beach Fedelcode last month I saw the power was cut and locked in off position. I wonder if the neighbors complained, but not fair since the siren was there long before they moved in :/
owner of a Sentry F2 4 Model D's 2 Model L's 4 Model A's A Model J a Sireno Model D, Edwards Model F and a Western Cullen Hayes Mechanical Bell

carexpertandy

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:25 am

Ha, I highly doubt that. But even if someone cut the power inside the building, the battery backup would've kicked in.

Sirenfan1000

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:29 am

I figured haha, and oh well just a 128 lol. I was expecting to find more 508's

Return to “Community Systems”