Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:19 am

carexpertandy wrote:I don't believe that one has a replacement. The T-128 at Mt. Echo Park should be close enough to cover that area.
The one on Delhi near Roebling is only a mile away as well, so I'm guessing there's good coverage there between the two of them.
Chriswg wrote:Good news! Everything was approved today and the Thunderbolt at Kellogg on the water tower will be coming down in the near future if anyone wants pictures.
Of course we want pictures :)
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

SIRENMAN

Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:56 pm

The siren system will be tested by zones so there will be a 2o second delay between zones. All the old sirens will not go off as they have never been programmed for a zone test. Pass the word and keep a listen for

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Thank you for telling us! I seem to remember a zone test last January as well.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:51 pm

I'll see what I can hear. I occasionally do hear a 128 or two, which is surprising since my school is 5 miles away across the river and made entirely of brick. They are great sirens.
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

maxshaw

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:59 pm

So that explains why the Thunderbolt on top of ATFD#6 didn't go off. I can usually hear two t-128's and the thunderbolt from school.

carexpertandy

Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:17 pm

While heading into downtown today, I went by the T-128 at Central Pkwy & Linn St, and noticed that the siren head is leaning a little bit. Did that happen from someone hitting it? Did the wind cause that? Either way, bad ANS install.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

nickrusche

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:12 am

I noticed that too Andy. When I looked at the siren on Bing and Google Street View, the siren head looked straight.

Here is a picture of the siren on Google Street View from Google Street View from Sept.2016.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.119755, ... 6656?hl=en

It looks pretty straight to me.

Kentuckysirens
YouTube Username: Sirensofcincinnati

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:18 am

nickrusche wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:12 am
I noticed that too Andy. When I looked at the siren on Bing and Google Street View, the siren head looked straight.

Here is a picture of the siren on Google Street View from Google Street View from Sept.2016.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.119755, ... 6656?hl=en

My uncle is a city firefighter. He told me at a party last week that he responded there for a car into the pole. Batteries were hanging out of the controls and acid was leaking everywhere. Apparently the police told them to put the batteries back in and go back, but they called Duke. I also went by it and the pole mount looks very messed up. Gotta love ANS's Sidewalk installs :|

maxshaw

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:56 pm

Apparently the EMA is working on the sirens tomorrow in Anderson Township. This is from Anderson's Facebook page: "Siren Repairs and Testing Planned for Thursday, February 16th
Repair and improvements to some of the 13 outdoor weather sirens in Anderson Township may result in intermittent testing on Thursday, February 16th, between 8am and 5pm. The Hamilton County Emergency Management Agency (EMA), and their contractor, will be working at several locations across the community, and this may result in sirens being activated for 30-60 second intervals. This work will help to ensure the sirens are prepared for activation when needed."

carexpertandy

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:58 pm

This is what the EMA posted on their Facebook page:

Selective siren testing will be conducted today on three Anderson Township outdoor warning sirens between the hours of 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. The sirens being tested are located on Markley Road, Laverty Lane, and Ayers Road. If you have any questions, please call 513-263-8200.

Smaller time slot on this post... :\

Return to “Community Systems”