StonedChipmunk

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:49 pm

Well, the school bus itself is painted yellow, if you can't see it you're blind. Therefore, the strobe would be VERY useful at night (which is why it's a law in some states to have it) and white shows up the best in dark settings.
And technically, there is a spectrum of colors available for emergency vehicles. Many states allow the public use of white and green lights along with the almost nationwide public acceptance of amber lighting.

If by lift station you mean elevator, damn right better send a radio or telephone message. How dangerous is that?? Being stuck down there praying for someone to read the sign and call in would suck...
In a camp in Mentone, AL I went to they had a large sewer system which contained of 6 sewer manhole covers with (a) box(es) on a pole next to the cover. The boxes had a red light on top (not sure if it was strobe or steady/flashing, but it wasn't rotating) which nobody knew what it was for (forgot to ask the administrative people). One of the boxes had it lock off so I was planning to open it to find out what it was but it seemed to be glued shut. I almost broke the wooden pole trying to get the box open!

EDIT: Robert, two things unrelated to this conversation: why do you always have vibrant colors in your posts, and why is your karma less than -100 and you're still a member? Just get a new account or something.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence indicating that you tried.

Robert Gift

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:43 am

StonedChipmunk wrote:Well, the school bus itself is painted yellow, if you can't see it you're blind. Therefore, the strobe would be VERY useful at night (which is why it's a law in some states to have it) and white shows up the best in dark settings.
Leave it to some school district idiots to spend a fortune on strobe lights when cheap reliable yellow lights would do.
StonedChipmunk wrote:And technically, there is a spectrum of colors available for emergency vehicles. Many states allow the public use of white and green lights along with the almost nationwide public acceptance of amber lighting.
Yellow is the best most visible color to the human eye.
StonedChipmunk wrote:If by lift station you mean elevator, damn right better send a radio or telephone message. How dangerous is that?? Being stuck down there praying for someone to read the sign and call in would suck...

A lift station pumps raw sewage to a higher level so that it can run downhill to the treatment plant.
(For that reason, I labled an elevator always used by my friend a "lift station"!)
StonedChipmunk wrote:In a camp in Mentone, AL I went to they had a large sewer system which contained of 6 sewer manhole covers with (a) box(es) on a pole next to the cover. The boxes had a red light on top (not sure if it was strobe or steady/flashing, but it wasn't rotating) which nobody knew what it was for (forgot to ask the administrative people). One of the boxes had it lock off so I was planning to open it to find out what it was but it seemed to be glued shut. I almost broke the wooden pole trying to get the box open!

EDIT: Robert, two things unrelated to this conversation: why do you always have vibrant colors in your posts, and why is your karma less than -100 and you're still a member? Just get a new account or something.
1. To make my boring posts more colorful.
2. Why hide because everyone hates me?
Did -?- accelerate me 13 points to -100 because he didn't like my posting not to start cold engines?
Perhaps he doesn't realize that his numbers reveal he smited me.

StonedChipmunk

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:03 am

That's what I don't like about the karma system... that string of numbers revealing everything. Gay!

Daniel

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:16 am

Robert Gift wrote: 1. To make my boring posts more colorful.
Did -?- accelerate me 13 points to -100 because he didn't like my posting not to start cold engines?
At least you can spell, you use punctuation, and I don't have to use an Enigma machine to figure out what you are trying to say. No names will be mentioned, but I wonder how some posters ever got through elementary school.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

StonedChipmunk

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:13 pm

Yes... I know what you're talking about. Some posters here use that "leetspeak" which pisses me off. This is a forum about outdoor warning systems, not video games, so learn to spell!

(Translation to above-described idiots:)
ya, i kno wut u r jabbin boot... n00bs ere use taht "1337sp33k" dat piss me of! tis a forum bout outdoor l33t-sirens, not kewl gam1ng, so lern to spl!

Daniel

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:22 pm

StonedChipmunk: Thank you. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. Also thanks for the translation. I have found gang graffiti on walls in Portland easier to read than some posts.
Daniel wrote:
Robert Gift wrote: 1. To make my boring posts more colorful.
At least you can spell, you use punctuation, and I don't have to use an Enigma machine to figure out what you are trying to say. No names will be mentioned, but I wonder how some posters ever got through elementary school.
Also, Robert, you have the balls to visit military installations and climb up inside buildings in COMMUNIST CHINA!!! and photograph their sirens! That alone is worth much good karma.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Robert Gift

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:42 pm

Thank you, Daniel.
I was a karmakazi.

StonedChipmunk

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:17 pm

That's who's probably giving you all the bad karma, Robert. It's the Chinese Communist Government.

Robert Gift

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:00 pm

StonedChipmunk wrote:That's who's probably giving you all the bad karma, Robert. It's the Chinese Communist Government.
I should not reveal who informed me that the Chinese Government is so petty that, should I reveal something they don't like, (matters not that it is absolutely accurate and true) they could deny our visiting my wife's parents. So sad that there are corrupt people like that.
Because of people like that, China, which should be the number 2 power in the world, is 2-1/2 to Third World country.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”