Nelso90

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:27 am

I know Duluth has 4 model 2's under a stairwell in the main station, I talked to the fire chief, and he said the city is giving them to a compan called Emco to restore and re-sell. It was very obvious he didn't want me to get one. Give it a shot though, he was a nice guy, maybe more persuasion will work?

TheMNsirenGuy

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:11 am

Nelso90 wrote:I know Duluth has 4 model 2's under a stairwell in the main station, I talked to the fire chief, and he said the city is giving them to a compan called Emco to restore and re-sell. It was very obvious he didn't want me to get one. Give it a shot though, he was a nice guy, maybe more persuasion will work?
I think the only form of 'persuasion' that would work is enough cash in my pocket. Being only 15, I haven't got that. When I emailed him in 2009, he told me if there was an inoperable unit, I could have it for free, because he was worried I'd set it off to often and annoy the neighbors. Obviously, there were no inoperable units. There still is one disconnected Model 2 on a pole in Lincoln Park, however. The reason it hasn't been removed is that it's surrounded by utility wires, so removing it by crane could pose a hazard. When I've got cash, I could contact the city about the possibility of obtaining that one.

Model2

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:39 am

Daniel wrote:I'd love to hear a recording of a system of multiple Model 2's.
Ditto. Are there any other towns in the USA with a system of 2's?

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”