3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 am

Any more of Springfield's MDs coming down?
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

SirenMadness

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 pm

That worn CD logo is so ghostly! 8)
~ Peter Radanovic

TBOLT1000

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:07 pm

3t22 wrote:Any more of Springfield's MDs coming down?
Not that I know of. There are still 6 left if my memory serves me right. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. There are no others on active schools, one is on a skyscraper downtown, two are on poles, one is on an old school that is now apartments, and the other is on an old fire station. They were just doing the roof so they removed it, it was gonna be scrapped if no one wanted it from what I knew but the contractor stepped in and took it.
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000A, Model LV, and a Model J.

TBOLT1000

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:07 pm

SirenMadness wrote:That worn CD logo is so ghostly! 8)
It sure is but it just shows how long it`s been sitting and the rust hole in the bottom really shows it.

TBOLT1000

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Siren_Dude wrote:
TBOLT1000 wrote:
Siren_Dude wrote:Thanks for the photos! Glad it didn't get scrapped and hopefully went to a good home. These things are beasts, 6 feet tall and solid steel.
They sure are! I wish I had it, those platforms are so cool, always wanted to stand on one next to one of these sirens. I thought these sirens were like 1/2 the size that it was but I guess I was way off.
Every siren seems small in till it?s on the ground! Some of my best memories with sirens are going on rooftops and seeing them on there original state untouched for years. When I put my Mobil Directo on my driveway it was still on its 3 foot stand and man did it look huge. It was basically as tall as my house and could climb it like a jungle gym to get on my roof!
It was the same with my Thunderbolt when I first got it. Now it doesn`t seem big to me because I`m so used to it being in the yard. I can walk right past it and not even notice it!

TBOLT1000

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:10 pm

holler wrote:Wow it's got the work platform too! These things are easily 700+ pounds. The steel on them is like a wells fargo truck.

But you can fit one in the bed of a Dodge Dakota!

I think it`s a little over payload! Can`t believe it fit. The thing about this one though was the pole and platform, added so much more room but I would have cut the bottom of the pole and like planted it in my backyard, pole, platform, and the siren. It would be so cool!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”