Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Re: Denver begins upgrade of decades old siren system

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:41 am

RyanJamesDean98 wrote:
lilsirenguy wrote:Freak. What happened to the old sirens? Dont let them scrap it!
I'm working on seeing what they are doing with them. I'll post updates on here when I find out.
I'm just curious as to how you plan to get to Denver to get these. I mean your parents must really love you to drive to the Mile high city to pick up a piece of scrap metal
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

AllSafe

Re:

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:52 am

Metro Siren Synths wrote:If only they went with 508's, every city has to take the cheap way out... My county took Modulators.
Nothing wrong with Modulators. They're a lot better than the ATI sirens they are putting up here.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

PugetSoundStormWatch
YouTube Username: MiltonWATech99

Re: Re:

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:02 am

AllSafe wrote:
Metro Siren Synths wrote:If only they went with 508's, every city has to take the cheap way out... My county took Modulators.
Nothing wrong with Modulators. They're a lot better than the ATI sirens they are putting up here.
I feel sorry for you. :|
22-year-old Seattle native. Green River College.
I like DJ equipment, Weather Radios (23 in my collection), Fire Alarms, and Sirens.
Future Meteorologist! Go Hawks!

RyanJamesDean98
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: RyanJamesDean

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:37 am

Crazywarriorman wrote:
RyanJamesDean98 wrote:
lilsirenguy wrote:Freak. What happened to the old sirens? Dont let them scrap it!
I'm working on seeing what they are doing with them. I'll post updates on here when I find out.
I'm just curious as to how you plan to get to Denver to get these. I mean your parents must really love you to drive to the Mile high city to pick up a piece of scrap metal
Its actually funny how I'm in Denver right now. Not really that long of a trip to and from Wichita... And I don't see why you want to bash me and put me down by saying its simply scrap metal. Plus I actually do most of the long distance driving with my mom. And my dad's 6 feet under so He doesn't have any say in it, not that he did anyway. If you knew me, you'd know that my mom and I enjoy traveling. And its only scrap once its grinded up/melted down, unless they tore it to hell.
Proud Owner of too many sirens
Pictures, Video, and More Available on My Website.

RyanJamesDean98
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:41 am

But I guess I could make the 15 hour drive from Wichita to Allendale to get a siren from WSS if that would make you happier.

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:11 am

I like how you think right from the bat that I'm talking down to you lol. I don't see how calling it scrap metal is "bashing and putting you down" because that's exactly what it is. You can ask anyone who has experience with them and they will agree it's the same. These are not works of art that we are talking about, sirens are just pieces of equipment meant to warn people and nothing more. No I don't know you, nor do I necessarily care to because you seem like kind of a smartass.

I have no idea what you mean by the WSS reference so you're on your own there buddy.

RyanJamesDean98
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:22 am

Crazywarriorman wrote:I like how you think right from the bat that I'm talking down to you lol. I don't see how calling it scrap metal is "bashing and putting you down" because that's exactly what it is. You can ask anyone who has experience with them and they will agree it's the same. These are not works of art that we are talking about, sirens are just pieces of equipment meant to warn people and nothing more. No I don't know you, nor do I necessarily care to because you seem like kind of a smartass.

I have no idea what you mean by the WSS reference so you're on your own there buddy.
I personally don't see them as works of art either. What I got from your original post was "Why would you want a bunch of scrap metal you stupid little siren kiddie". I'm only a smartass when someone pisses me off by being rude. The WSS reference was pointing to the fact that most people say to just fork over a thousand dollars for a siren and buy from them. I would much rather work to get a siren instead of expecting for it to be handed to me like half of the "kiddies" on here.

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:40 am

RyanJamesDean98 wrote:
Crazywarriorman wrote:I like how you think right from the bat that I'm talking down to you lol. I don't see how calling it scrap metal is "bashing and putting you down" because that's exactly what it is. You can ask anyone who has experience with them and they will agree it's the same. These are not works of art that we are talking about, sirens are just pieces of equipment meant to warn people and nothing more. No I don't know you, nor do I necessarily care to because you seem like kind of a smartass.

I personally don't see them as works of art either. What I got from your original post was "Why would you want a bunch of scrap metal you stupid little siren kiddie". I'm only a smartass when someone pisses me off by being rude. The WSS reference was pointing to the fact that most people say to just fork over a thousand dollars for a siren and buy from them. I would much rather work to get a siren instead of expecting for it to be handed to me like half of the "kiddies" on here.
The word kiddie is thrown around a lot. You've got good grammar and have actually made an effort to learn rather than to reject. So therefore you are not a "kiddie" in my book. WSS may have costed an arm and a leg before, but things are dirt cheap now. Hell if anything they would pay YOU to take stuff of the lot. My original post was mainly stating that "that's way to far to drive for a siren, your parents must really love you" and nothing more. Bring on the posts from mad people saying how far they drove for theirs.

RyanJamesDean98
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:51 am

Crazywarriorman wrote: The word kiddie is thrown around a lot. You've got good grammar and have actually made an effort to learn rather than to reject. So therefore you are not a "kiddie" in my book. WSS may have costed an arm and a leg before, but things are dirt cheap now. Hell if anything they would pay YOU to take stuff of the lot. My original post was mainly stating that "that's way to far to drive for a siren, your parents must really love you" and nothing more. Bring on the posts from mad people saying how far they drove for theirs.
Thanks man about not considering me a kiddie. I tend to get easily offended from time to time. lol. Sorry about that. Different people tell me different things about WSS's prices. We really don't mind the small drive it would take to go from Wichita to Denver. We enjoy getting to see land that isn't flatter than that pop you left out in the sun last week. lol.

djscrizzle

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:56 am

I can secondarily verify the posting of Gift acquisition -- Saw the same post.
Still close enough to a Fed Sig 550AT to drive out on test day: First Friday in May - 7PM!
As of April 15 2010, a certified NWS Skywarn Spotter.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”