1Thunderboltfan13
YouTube Username: CSXtrainman13

Question about West Shore Services Sirens

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Dont know if this is in the right forum, but is there still sirens for sale in West Shore Services? Becasue im wondering about it and i will be heading there for my BirthDay, and the videos on youtube i saw were a long time ago, so im kinda concerned if sirens are still there, im also trying to get a Thunderbolt 1000T or a 1003, Thank You.

SirenTech Ind.
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: MrSciencetificsasuke

Re: Question about West Shore Services Sirens

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:34 am

1003 are not for sale and single phase 1000Ts are getting hard to find/access, and not cheap.
Proud Owner of a wide Collection of Vacuum Tubes, ThunderBolt 1000T, Edwards Model 315
Age 16

uncommonsense

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:49 am

I hate to bring this up, but if you got a siren, do you know what you're getting yourself in to? How would you move it, where would you put it, what would you do with it, etc? Sirens are monsters to do anything with, and even the simpler units end up sitting and collecting rust. Sirens aren't toys...far from it. Same thing...WSS may have a lot of sirens, but sirens aren't toys and they aren't a toy shop to go crazy in (nor would they expect to be treated as such).

Are you really serious about this? Ask yourself that. And by serious, I mean ready to dump a lot of money into what might end up being a half ton paperweight if you don't have the right resources or hookups to fix it up or run it.

Bryan

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 am

uncommonsense wrote:I hate to bring this up, but if you got a siren, do you know what you're getting yourself in to? How would you move it, where would you put it, what would you do with it, etc? Sirens are monsters to do anything with, and even the simpler units end up sitting and collecting rust. Sirens aren't toys...far from it. Same thing...WSS may have a lot of sirens, but sirens aren't toys and they aren't a toy shop to go crazy in (nor would they expect to be treated as such).

Are you really serious about this? Ask yourself that. And by serious, I mean ready to dump a lot of money into what might end up being a half ton paperweight if you don't have the right resources or hookups to fix it up or run it.

The above questions are important ones to consider and make a valid point. Please realize he is bringing them up to help make sure that you're not getting in over your head. I know they may seem a little "jerkish" but please realize how many times we've seen this same thing happen over and over again. We're here to help you best we can and sometimes that includes asking the tough questions you may not really wanna hear... (great now I sound like my dad!)
Owner/Operator of SirenTex LLC

Proud of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T, 2t22A, Model 2t, Model 3 Model 5, SD-10, STH-10, American Signal Corp. T-128, Whelen WPS-2750 and too many Whelen Lights

1Thunderboltfan13

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:35 am

What do you think the price would be for all of this together? A Thunderbolt 1000T, Control Panel, and the Blower?

RyanJamesDean98
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: RyanJamesDean

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:43 am

1Thunderboltfan13 wrote:What do you think the price would be for all of this together? A Thunderbolt 1000T, Control Panel, and the Blower?
Knowing WSS, well over a grand.
Proud Owner of too many sirens
Pictures, Video, and More Available on My Website.

1Thunderboltfan13

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:57 pm

So the 1003's are not for sale? And the 1000T's are?

RyanJamesDean98
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: RyanJamesDean

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Do you honestly have $1000 to drop on a single siren?
Proud Owner of too many sirens
Pictures, Video, and More Available on My Website.

TboltTX1
YouTube Username: TboltTX1, Sentry40V2T

Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:13 am

I don't think WSS even has any 1003s.

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:35 am

My computer... I'm going to throw it out the window; I hate Vista :evil: Where was I,
"Siren1000T1" has some videos from a few months back to give you an idea of what was there at the time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmN1q4ok ... BGnnkHZf0A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8c1ggs3 ... BGnnkHZf0A

I agree with what the others have posted, which is why I don't have a siren now. I wouldn't know what to do with one, for I don't have the space where I stay nor do I have the time to deal with it. What would I do with it, well, other than restore and sell it/sit and re-rust? The Columbus and Ft. Benning PDs and EMAs would chew me out if I set one off here. Ft. Benning still has tons of 2001s that they don't use anymore; I'm not even thinking of asking them if I can get one off its tower right now. I want, but don't need. If you really want a siren, take a look around outside of WSS. You might find something else you like.

If you do get a Thunderbolt or other siren, what are you going to do with it?
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”