justie1220
YouTube Username: Justin Lynch

Re:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:10 am

Rheems1 wrote:Good maps, here we go for Centre County (in no order)... Show Shoe has a Model 5 mounted on the roof of thier fire department, Millheim actually has a Federal Fire Siren, Milesburg has a Model 5, now on to Phillipsburg (you aren't going to believe this either)... The STH-10 on top of the Relience is actually for the Hope, there is a Model 5 on the back of City Hall for the Relience (you can't make this crap up). Good looking map though!! Took me years to find the STH-10 in Pleasent Gap. Final note, there is another siren in Centre Hall.... it is mounted on a feed mill a couple of blocks from the firehouse (heading towards Route 322). I saw it by accident and stopped to take a few pictures of it, not sure what it's status is. As for Clearfield County, it might be easier if you give editing permission to [email protected] I can fill in the missing info and add more to the county. Also a few correction as well, again a good map but there are a bunch of sirens in the county LOL

ive seen this strange looking thing plenty of times going to marching band competitions that required a trip over the mountain. so that is actually a siren? i had a sneaking feeling every time we went past it that that had a strange resemblance to an Erik or some kind of messed up Decot. :?
According to my signature ive been 16 years old for the past two years.Apparently i have found the Fountain of Youth :lol:

justie1220

Re: Siren Maps for Mid Western/Central PA.(Update 3/18/13)

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:12 am

on a different note i could get some pictures of siren in my home county of Mifflin for you to add to your map if your interested
According to my signature ive been 16 years old for the past two years.Apparently i have found the Fountain of Youth :lol:

Rheems1

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Ahh yes, good old Mifflin County.... I am really, really good friends with the chief of Fame EMS and have been his guest more times than I can count running around taking fire truck pictures. Somewhere I have a pic of the odd looking thing at Newton-Wayne.... Not exactly sure what it is though? Next time I come up for my 3 month fill of wonderful grease at the Trolley Car in downtown we can chat sirens or something. I am gonna guess with your signature that you live in the big city of Burnham LOL

justie1220

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Rheems1 wrote:Ahh yes, good old Mifflin County.... I am really, really good friends with the chief of Fame EMS and have been his guest more times than I can count running around taking fire truck pictures. Somewhere I have a pic of the odd looking thing at Newton-Wayne.... Not exactly sure what it is though? Next time I come up for my 3 month fill of wonderful grease at the Trolley Car in downtown we can chat sirens or something. I am gonna guess with your signature that you live in the big city of Burnham LOL
lol nope i live in a tiny village called Strodes Mills between McVeytown and Lewistown if your familier with the are I live near the West Granville Fire company Company 17?

there are a bunch of sirens here that i might interest you. i go to school by the Highland Park Fire Dept. and they have a really beat up Darley model 2 that cosmetically looks trashed but sounds wonderful i hear it at school once or twice a day a week. theres also a mystery siren on top of the Brooklyn fire co. near the Buger king? i thought it was some kind of Sterling Vertical like a 3v8 because it has fancy legs it stands on. There is also a Gamewell Diaphone right under the mystery siren. once i get a few pics of the local sirens escpecially the mystery siren ill post them here imdediately and hope if my parents let me and we can send some information back and forth we could possibly "chew the fat" at some point. Being 15 sadly has its limitations when it comes to being a siren enthusiast. :(

Rheems1

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Ohh I forgot about West Granville, I have been to every firehouse in Mifflin County.... I have actually heard the siren at Highland Park (which is actually a General City Services Model 2) several times, Yeagertown also has a siren just like it. There are a number of what I consider interesting sirens in Mifflin County, both Granville and New Lancaster Valley have Sterling 2V8 sirens and there is that odd siren out at Newton-Wayne. The siren at the Brooklyn is actually a very old Model 5 with just a cover over the chopper (common for the very first Model 5's I am told). Many years ago the Junction had a Model 2 at thier old firehouse (before they moved to the industrial park) and there is still a Model 2 and a few Model A/D/L/E mounted on the former Newtown Fire Company over in Burnham. I forgot you are only 15, your parents probably wouldn't be thrilled with you hanging out with a someone my age having never met me LOL.

justie1220

Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:42 am

Rheems1 wrote:Ohh I forgot about West Granville, I have been to every firehouse in Mifflin County.... I have actually heard the siren at Highland Park (which is actually a General City Services Model 2) several times, Yeagertown also has a siren just like it. There are a number of what I consider interesting sirens in Mifflin County, both Granville and New Lancaster Valley have Sterling 2V8 sirens and there is that odd siren out at Newton-Wayne. The siren at the Brooklyn is actually a very old Model 5 with just a cover over the chopper (common for the very first Model 5's I am told). Many years ago the Junction had a Model 2 at thier old firehouse (before they moved to the industrial park) and there is still a Model 2 and a few Model A/D/L/E mounted on the former Newtown Fire Company over in Burnham. I forgot you are only 15, your parents probably wouldn't be thrilled with you hanging out with a someone my age having never met me LOL.

lol agreed they dont really find my siren "obsession" (if you will call it that) that interesting and really would rather me not be a part of this field of siren industry they support my "obsession" though and take me to get pictures every so often. Do you know of the Model 20 in Mt. Union i want to know,whats the port ratio and build of one of them and how many are there left in the U.S? and if you can possibly assist me in finding a manual of one that would be great!
Regards-Justin :D

Modulator Master II

Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:14 pm

justie1220 wrote:on a different note i could get some pictures of siren in my home county of Mifflin for you to add to your map if your interested
Sure that would be nice. =3 :D
Radio Receivers: BCD996P2(Pri) and BCD325P2(Sec.) I am 33 and still a Woody Woodpecker fan and Poke fan too.

slant-40

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:42 am

The "big cow" in Clearfield - is it hiding behind the louvers in the clock tower or is it visible from the street somewhere? Street view is very blurry (low resolution).
wayne

justie1220

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Modulator Master II wrote:
justie1220 wrote:on a different note i could get some pictures of siren in my home county of Mifflin for you to add to your map if your interested
lol when i have free time ill get all of Mifflin counties in a picture and with some luck might be able to fit all the pictures into one post :crazy: wish me luck on that one but will see how that goes and ill get back to you on that

justie1220

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Modulator Master II wrote:
lol when i have free time ill get all of Mifflin counties in a picture and with some luck might be able to fit all the pictures into one post :crazy: wish me luck on that one but will see how that goes and ill get back to you on that

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”