Unit of Civil Defense

Re: Two Chrysler Air Raid Sirens for Sale - WW2 and Cold War

Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:56 pm

mixerbd699 wrote:HEY! No posting ebay links! ........
The posting of an E-Bay link, in this unusual case, makes it easier for us old guys to fallow along with this developing story....
....As far as posting E-Bay links to be posting E-Bay links for benign stuff, I could not agree with you more.
Rheems1 wrote: I petition that everyone who joins the board should have to put there age or year of birth in thier signature...32 here
....Lifes great, I'm 58

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:41 pm

Ok. Now there are two different auctions.....
I know I keep beating this to death but the this auction should be titled as.....
1943 Chrysler Air Raid Siren Engine And Frame With Replica Siren
In my opinion to bury the fact that is has a replica siren about 3 or 4 lines down in the item description is being
purposely deceptive. I know he states it in there but if I was listing it I would repeat that it had a replica siren
in the first line of the item description. Whatever....
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:50 pm

mixerbd699 wrote:HEY! No posting ebay links! I shall break out the ban hammer! =P

We'll let this slide to to the rarity of the siren and its making for good conversation! However this does not mean this will become the norm which some members would love for it to be.

Its a neat find just and it'd be one heck of a conversation item but good night they're asking way too much. I'll take that money and save it for the plane i one day wish to own...
Thank you for considering it this way. It's definitely a rare situation, and I think it's of general interest to many of us, as to what happens in the end with these Chryslers. I agree that this should be the rare exception, and not to be a precedent for "Did you see that rusty Model 5 on eBay", etc., posts.

An analogy might be, that you can't break into somebody's house and remove their property, BUT if the house is on fire, and you bust in and remove their dog.....

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

LukeH

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:08 am

Has there been any further information?
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”