ArrowShooter1003
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Siren Craziness In Fort Worth!

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Crazywarriorman wrote:
FSThunderboltfan1000 wrote:Never mind I found the former location of the thunderbolt after 5 hours of looking. If any one is curious of where it was here is the location. https://www.google.com/maps/place/3060+ ... f8d4?hl=en
You spent 5 hours looking for that?

Wow. Talk about a persistent SOB
Sorry to cause all this trouble. I feel dumb. I hate it when something I write leads to a derailment. Sorry about that.

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:34 pm

I guess it's been almost 10 years since I found that siren. It's finally down....
Somebody spent 5 hours looking for that siren when it's been on my site for 9 years. :roll:
Anybody else tired of the "jail-bar" business yet. Man it's getting old. :crazy: :crazy:
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:59 pm

CDV777-1 wrote:I guess it's been almost 10 years since I found that siren. It's finally down....
Somebody spent 5 hours looking for that siren when it's been on my site for 9 years. :roll:
Anybody else tired of the "jail-bar" business yet. Man it's getting old. :crazy: :crazy:
Yeah, I was wonderering why nobody else knew that it was on your site. And yes, that jail-bar joke wore out a long time ago with me. It isn't very funny anymore.

Anyways, back on topic. Did you guys get the blower for that siren? I didn't see one in the pictures.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Yeah it's getting old, I mean it's been three years. :|

Do you guys plan on restoring them and putting them back in service?
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:25 am

I hate to derail the thread but, I knew it was on his site I just wanted to find it on Google maps.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 am

I hate to derail the thread but, I knew it was on his site I just wanted to find it on Google maps.
I had forgot though that I only had the siren photos on there with no locations. How on earth did you ever find it just using google maps.
The water tower it's next to isn't even on any of the photos I took. Did you at least know it was next to a big blue water tower?
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:56 am

CDV777-1 wrote:
I had forgot though that I only had the siren photos on there with no locations. How on earth did you ever find it just using google maps.
The water tower it's next to isn't even on any of the photos I took. Did you at least know it was next to a big blue water tower?
I knew it was next to a blue water tower so I looked up Fort Worth water towers but, none of them was the one I was looking for. So I looked up the siren locations of the new Fort Worth siren system and looked around a 80 block area around the new sirens thinking that they had to place one of the new sirens near the old sires. I was on areal view on google and I ran in to at least 8 blue water towers one of which had a vortex at it. Then I looked up the siren at 5199 Sun Valley Drive and did a search there and found the water tower and went on street view and it was there.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

goldfinch

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:31 am

no way! is that Allertor the "weather vane Allertor" of fort worth? The one that blows in the wind because there is no chain in its rotator?
'bout time somebody removed it...good haul!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ivvfsBYLf0

bigtuna7O
YouTube Username: Big Tuna

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:52 am

goldfinch wrote:no way! is that Allertor the "weather vane Allertor" of fort worth? The one that blows in the wind because there is no chain in its rotator?
I knew of at least three Allertors in Fort Worth with broken rotator chains that would all blow around in the wind like this. I guess it's kind of a common issue amongst Allertors? Or maybe us Fort Worthians are just lucky!
My girlfriend does not understand this at all. Actually I really don't either.

Bryan

Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:52 am

I will be going back and getting the blower and stuff later. The pole that the siren head was on was beginning to lean so I wanted to get it down. We also had limited time to get the bucket truck back which meant I could only get the head down.
goldfinch wrote:no way! is that Allertor the "weather vane Allertor" of fort worth? The one that blows in the wind because there is no chain in its rotator?
'bout time somebody removed it...good haul!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ivvfsBYLf0
That would be the one! Jeb has it and will be restoring the siren for future use and a second life!
Owner/Operator of SirenTex LLC

Proud of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T, 2t22A, Model 2t, Model 3 Model 5, SD-10, STH-10, American Signal Corp. T-128, Whelen WPS-2750 and too many Whelen Lights

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”