3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Re: CT outdoor warning signal map

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:37 pm

Lily D wrote:I recorded Fire Company 3's dual-tone 2740 today. Went off exactly on time! I also recorded Enfield's STH-10.
Company 3's 2740 is dual toned now? Youtube user Tbolt1000 recorded it a few years back and it was single toned than as it was when it was installed. I was at Buckingham Park recording Company 4s 2740 which is still single toned, I could hear what I thought was a mix of Company 2s 2902, and Company 3 in the usual single tone. That does explain why when I recorded a noon blast ambiance at Riverfront park there was a louder Carter like dual tone I passed off as a mix of 2 sirens.
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

Lily D
YouTube Username: Sirens in New England

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:01 am

3t22 wrote:
Lily D wrote:I recorded Fire Company 3's dual-tone 2740 today. Went off exactly on time! I also recorded Enfield's STH-10.
Company 3's 2740 is dual toned now? Youtube user Tbolt1000 recorded it a few years back and it was single toned than as it was when it was installed. I was at Buckingham Park recording Company 4s 2740 which is still single toned, I could hear what I thought was a mix of Company 2s 2902, and Company 3 in the usual single tone. That does explain why when I recorded a noon blast ambiance at Riverfront park there was a louder Carter like dual tone I passed off as a mix of 2 sirens.
I'm in the process of uploading the video of it now. The siren is without a doubt dual tone.
Proud owner of a B&M 6GA general alarm siren.
Proud fire buff and siren enthusiast!

Lily D

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:05 am

Lily D wrote:
3t22 wrote:
I'm in the process of uploading the video of it now. The siren is without a doubt dual tone.
http://youtu.be/asJiDeEgork?list=UU_2Oj ... cHygIxw_Zw Here's the link to the video I took of it.

Lily D

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:45 pm

There's a Model 5 at an abandoned factory on New London Turnpike in Glastonbury. It was probably used as a noon whistle back in the day.

3t22

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Lily D wrote:There's a Model 5 at an abandoned factory on New London Turnpike in Glastonbury. It was probably used as a noon whistle back in the day.
The Flanagan industries factory is still very active, the siren is another story. It was most likely one of their old fire sirens and most likely did a noon blast.

Lily D

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:35 pm

3t22 wrote:
Lily D wrote:There's a Model 5 at an abandoned factory on New London Turnpike in Glastonbury. It was probably used as a noon whistle back in the day.
The Flanagan industries factory is still very active, the siren is another story. It was most likely one of their old fire sirens and most likely did a noon blast.
Oh really? It looked abandoned when I saw it. I wonder if they're taking down the siren anytime soon.

3t22

Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:06 am

Sorry for the bump but I've finally updated the map to include most of Windham County (that I know of), Colchester, the Cobalt section of East Hampton, the last 2 remaining in Old Saybrook , Chesterfield FD in Montville, and a few Millstone locations. I still need to pin down more of those.

Next update: Soon, as I'm currently working on it as I type while it's snowing.

Also Sometime last year the Flanagan Industries factory in Glastonbury was torn down, and the 5 on top was junked.

Lily D

Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:23 pm

I found another 2905 with a Visualert across the street from Deep River FD in Deep River Center. I'm assuming it does chimes at noon?

3t22

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:03 am

Lily D wrote:I found another 2905 with a Visualert across the street from Deep River FD in Deep River Center. I'm assuming it does chimes at noon?
I believe it does, not 100% on that (I don't see why it wouldn't). Only one I know does for sure is the one at the Winthrop Station.

Lily D

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Winthrop Station's WPS-2905 didn't go off at noon last Saturday. I had my scanner tuned to 46.18, and over that frequency I heard tones and a pre-test announcement. I'm thinking it either failed or the siren is (or was?) activated over a different frequency. Big disappointment, but at least I got to Glastonbury before that.

Return to “Siren Maps”