DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Shelby County, AL WIP... A System T-128s In Alabama?!?

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Here is my map of the sirens in Shelby County, AL's sirens. It's not a uniformed county owned system; the various towns and FDs own the sirens independently from the county. Read the description. This map was based on a list of sirens from the 911 website and was last updated in 2010. There are a few approximate locations in the map and some that I just can't find for the life of me. The are also a few extra ones I found that I added to the whole lot. This is also the largest map I've made with over 100 sirens. If you have some I could add leave a comment with the location. Also check out Columbiana's system. Yes that is a system of T-128s... that makes about 11 in the state if I could find the two missing ones in their system.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... yKJfFR0cM8
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Sirenguy02

Re: Shelby County, AL WIP... A System T-128s In Alabama?!?

Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:44 pm

Man, weird to see a map of my town's siren system from someone else.
~Mitchell Tsokatos
Owner of a P-10 and Model L

freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:28 am

Found one of the "missing" T-128s in Columbiana's system. Currently looking for the other. Will provide the locations once I've found the other.
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:58 am

Okay, I think I may have found the two remaining T-128 locations. One of them I'm 100% sure is a T-128, but the other one I'm not so sure on. Both are on the Alabama Siren Map, but here's where they are:

The first one is at the eastern end of Dogwood Road in Columbiana. This is the one I'm certain is a T-128. Here's the location on Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/33%C2 ... -86.594702

The second one is over near the Alabama 4 H center. It's just south of where you have the place mark of the approximate location or a siren. However, I'm not 100% certain that this is actually a T-128, or even part of Columbiana's system at all. The shadow resembles one, but the overhead view on satellite view makes it hard to determine if it is or not. It kinda almost appears to be a 2001 as well. Here's the location on Google Maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/33%C2 ... -86.495466
Google considers this location to be within Columbiana's city limits, though it's hard to say for sure, since Google is often inaccurate with city borders (take Huntsville for example: several intersections outside of the city are displayed as being in the city).
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Return to “Siren Maps”