lkreykes

Battle Creek, MI ATI HPSS-16R?

Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:26 pm

Has anyone recorded or heard any of Battle Creek's somewhat rare ATI HPSS-16Rs for their Saturday tests? All of the videos on YouTube of 16Rs are only of them doing westminster chime.
im scared

4J25
YouTube Username: 4j25

Re: Battle Creek, MI ATI HPSS-16R?

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:25 pm

If you're looking for one doing alert, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e3XwlnR75I Otherwise I don't think there's a video.
Christian Bricking, living in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
Owner of a WPS-2804, Model L, and B9.
Certified Skywarn spotter since April 5, 2016.

r4tbolts

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Unless replaced there is one of those behind the EB I-94 Battle Creek Rest Area. Last I knew Battle Creek tested their sirens on the 1st Saturday at 1 pm.

lkreykes

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:16 pm

I know they have several of them, one in particular that I know of (pretty much the only one I've ever found) was by the Comfort Inn by Capitol Avenue on Beckley Road by a water tower if I remember correctly. Battle Creek does alert and attack for tests so I was just wondering if the ATIs do the same, which I'm assuming they do, and how loud they are in person. I might be there next month then, as I guess videos of these are somewhat uncommon, especially doing something other than chimes (with the Eagle, WI video as an exception).
4J25 wrote:If you're looking for one doing alert, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e3XwlnR75I Otherwise I don't think there's a video.
What a funky way to test their sirens- odd that it does not rotate during the alert tone.
im scared

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:43 pm

lkreykes wrote: What a funky way to test their sirens- odd that it does not rotate during the alert tone.
Well, maybe the siren just malfunctioned :P
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

lkreykes

Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Valtonus wrote: Well, maybe the siren just malfunctioned :P
Well I mean it IS an ATI...... Lol
im scared

Firepro1120

Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:57 pm

Valtonus wrote:
lkreykes wrote: What a funky way to test their sirens- odd that it does not rotate during the alert tone.
It didn't malfunction it's just how Eagle chose to program it. After two cycles of alert and voice it rotates to the next direction but in the video the cancel signal was sent out right when it was about to start the next cycle.

lkreykes

Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:38 am

Firepro1120 wrote:
Valtonus wrote:
It didn't malfunction it's just how Eagle chose to program it. After two cycles of alert and voice it rotates to the next direction but in the video the cancel signal was sent out right when it was about to start the next cycle.
That makes more sense.
im scared

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:46 am

I apologize for the bump. Here is a video of their HPSS-16Rs running in alert. They "beep" at a nice 575 Hz. It's neat to hear what one sounds like when it rotates about on the pole, almost sounds like a Vortex or 4004. They have the stock setup, no wind ups or wind downs. I'd be interesting to see how far this person was from the siren. 1600 watts thrown in one direction is pretty loud, even if this siren carries the stigma of being an ATI branded siren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHGEDDuUfZo
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

lkreykes

Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:07 pm

DJ2226 wrote:I apologize for the bump. Here is a video of their HPSS-16Rs running in alert. They "beep" at a nice 575 Hz. It's neat to hear what one sounds like when it rotates about on the pole, almost sounds like a Vortex or 4004. They have the stock setup, no wind ups or wind downs. I'd be interesting to see how far this person was from the siren. 1600 watts thrown in one direction is pretty loud, even if this siren carries the stigma of being an ATI branded siren.
I was glad to hear that they aren't the censor bleep tone. In the comments section of that video I asked the uploader about the attack portion of the test since Calhoun County lists their test procedure to be alert followed by attack, and what I understand from what he said I guess the ATIs don't do attack with the rest of the system, just alert?
im scared

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”