3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Re: CT outdoor warning signal map

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:15 am

Lily D wrote:Winthrop Station's WPS-2905 didn't go off at noon last Saturday. I had my scanner tuned to 46.18, and over that frequency I heard tones and a pre-test announcement. I'm thinking it either failed or the siren is (or was?) activated over a different frequency. Big disappointment, but at least I got to Glastonbury before that.
Did you hear any other nearby sirens? Valley Shore communications can be very lazy when doing the daily test as they never did it the day I went to attempt record Chester's 2T22. If it's the same, you should have heard several DTMF bursts, and a lone 2 tone followed by "1200 hours WQF238" I'll send out a few emails. I'm glad "ol reliable" Glastonbury tested. You could have set up in Buckingham Park next door to Company 4 unless it was packed (usually during Soccer season, the FD shuts the siren off during games), but none the less still good video.
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

Lily D
YouTube Username: Sirens in New England

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:27 am

3t22 wrote:
Lily D wrote:Winthrop Station's WPS-2905 didn't go off at noon last Saturday. I had my scanner tuned to 46.18, and over that frequency I heard tones and a pre-test announcement. I'm thinking it either failed or the siren is (or was?) activated over a different frequency. Big disappointment, but at least I got to Glastonbury before that.
Did you hear any other nearby sirens? Valley Shore communications can be very lazy when doing the daily test as they never did it the day I went to attempt record Chester's 2T22. If it's the same, you should have heard several DTMF bursts, and a lone 2 tone followed by "1200 hours WQF238" I'll send out a few emails. I'm glad "ol reliable" Glastonbury tested. You could have set up in Buckingham Park next door to Company 4 unless it was packed (usually during Soccer season, the FD shuts the siren off during games), but none the less still good video.
That is what I heard over my scanner, and I didn't hear any other sirens. If there were other sirens going off, I may not have heard them due to loud traffic noise. About Glastonbury, I actually got a pretty good shot from the opposite side of the park.
Proud owner of a B&M 6GA general alarm siren.
Proud fire buff and siren enthusiast!

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Did a very small update to the map. Found an active Fedelcode 5 in Eastford (Windham County), added some additional info on Milford's 2805 system (New Haven County) thanks to one of my wife's cousin's, found 2 ex CT Yankee sirens in Colchester (Tolland County), and re-discovered what I thought was a removed fire siren in the Crystal Lake section of Ellington (Tolland County, next town over from me, 10 minutes away, and active :D ).
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

Atiblaster
YouTube Username: East Coast Alerting

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 pm

Owner of a few small sirens and some other siren odds and ends

Return to “Siren Maps”