PeachtreeSirens
YouTube Username: PeachtreeSirens

Re: The "Various Sirens" series and others

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:54 pm

Updated with that info (and a 2 I stumbled across and forgot to add), thanks.
Don't wait. Take a siren photo today.
I was VASirens, but I moved.Check out IRC!
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:26 am

Found 3 so far:

10 Mile rd & Dunns lake Rd
Nathan rd & Nails Ferry Rd
Marvin Church rd & Parker banks Rd

I'll continue editing this post as I find more.

And, whoever added this, please mark your name in the desc of the point so PeachTree knows who marked it.

http://prntscr.com/dplr3a
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:34 pm

PeachtreeSirens wrote:Plant Hatch in Georgia is one of the odder nuclear systems out there. Some of you may recall earlier mentions of it...it originally had no siren system at all, instead relying on tone alert radios as its Alert Notification System.

Well, nowadays, Hatch has an actual ANS, comprised of 80 Whelen 2909s installed from 2011 to 2014. There's only one problem with this...I have no map of the system, so I've only been able to locate 18. I don't exactly have the time or patience to find the remaining 62, so I figured...

Why not make it a collaborative project?

The goal is simple: find as many as you can. I've included a 10 mile radius around the plant, and an excerpt from the full GA map, containing outlines for the counties within the EPZ and the 18 known locations. All you have to do is add some more, using the format in the map's description.

Have fun! There will be a reward for the one who finds the most...
Wish I had known this sooner since I made one for Hatch shortly after they installed the first round of sirens in 2012 since I knew where most of those went in. I've added a few locations of newer installations to my map recently but so far I'm still only up to about 60 of the supposed 80 sirens total.

Nonetheless, here's mine.
-Ian M.

PeachtreeSirens

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:36 pm

Man, if I'd seen that I would have just asked for permission to use it when I was first compiling the map!

Oh well...I can see a few that have been found but aren't on your map, so I'll just keep the challenge going anyway, I guess. ;)
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

murrfarms

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:43 pm

PeachtreeSirens wrote:Man, if I'd seen that I would have just asked for permission to use it when I was first compiling the map!

Oh well...I can see a few that have been found but aren't on your map, so I'll just keep the challenge going anyway, I guess. ;)
That's no problem! I hesitated posting it in the first place because I didn't want to ruin anyone's fun, though I figured since mine isn't complete either it would help y'all out. I also just realized that a bunch of the maps I've made over time are still set as "private" by default, so I really need to look them all over and make them publicly available (after all that's why I made them! ;) ). That may be a lot of the reason for why nobody really knew they existed...oops!
-Ian M.

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:06 am

Welp.. I guess Murrfarms wins the award. ;L So much for that.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

Spencerlovestrains
YouTube Username: Spencer Harman

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:51 am

You think you could ever do an Indiana map sometime?
In my opinion, I think there way too many 2001's in Indiana!

Check out my siren recordings! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Proud owner of a Fedelcode Model 2.

murrfarms

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:00 am

Valtonus wrote:Welp.. I guess Murrfarms wins the award. ;L So much for that.
Nah, I'll forgo that "prize" in all fairness since I technically didn't locate the ones on my map within the time frame of this contest. After all, I still haven't located all of them yet so there's plenty more in the system waiting for you guys to track down! :)
-Ian M.

Lily D
YouTube Username: Sirens in New England

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:30 pm

I can help you with any of the New England states. Also, are you planning to make maps of ME and VT?
Proud owner of a B&M 6GA general alarm siren.
Proud fire buff and siren enthusiast!

PeachtreeSirens

Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:45 am

I have no plans to do much more with New England for now, but I'd welcome help - PM me for details. :)

In the meantime, a quick Georgia update tonight, with some new giant voice systems, plus a small initial batch of Columbus sirens and the odd Fedelcode.

Return to “Siren Maps”