Sean juth
YouTube Username: Sean juth

Re: Post your Mystery Sirens here.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:08 pm

866MPCWF+G4
In Huntsville alabama this might by a electronic church bell or this might be part of the altec giant voice system I can't get a good picture of it but there is three horns on it
PLEASE DONT TAKE ANYTHING I SAY SERIOUSLY!
Sean C
I own a whelen 2800 cell, a busted beyond repair 2904 (used to be a 2909) and a black whelen 400 watt speaker driver.
I want the model d from Paint Rock Alabama
Huntsville Alabama Native

Ziginox

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:11 am

Sean juth wrote:
866MPCWF+G4
In Huntsville alabama this might by a electronic church bell or this might be part of the altec giant voice system I can't get a good picture of it but there is three horns on it
There's no link or picture here.

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:12 am

Sean juth wrote:
866MPCWF+G4
As mentioned in Discord, we can tell you for a fact it is definitely a electronic carillon. These are very common on top of churches that can't afford real bells. Considering these use the speakers similar to a Master Blaster, as a lot of electronic carillons do, these are DEFINITELY church bells.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

dpayne82
New User

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Kind of weird, but last night 02.06.17 in Lake Worth, at about 11:15pm a strange siren was heard going off for about 15 minutes. Then it stopped for about two minutes, then came back on for another ten minutes. I called the LWPD and they said that they had officers checking it out, because a ton of calls were coming in. She indicated that NAS JRB said it wasn't coming from the base, Fort Wort said it wasn't theirs, and neither did White Settlement. I know people in Azle heard it as well.

The strange part was the sound it made. I'm trying to get the video from my daughter's phone, but it was not a tornado siren. Sounded more like an old time air raid siren?? Very strange, and I cannot find any info on it online other than a few other people asking questions on their facebook pages. If I find the video, I will edit a post it.

Ziginox

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:56 am

dpayne82 wrote:
Kind of weird, but last night 02.06.17 in Lake Worth, at about 11:15pm a strange siren was heard going off for about 15 minutes. Then it stopped for about two minutes, then came back on for another ten minutes. I called the LWPD and they said that they had officers checking it out, because a ton of calls were coming in. She indicated that NAS JRB said it wasn't coming from the base, Fort Wort said it wasn't theirs, and neither did White Settlement. I know people in Azle heard it as well.

The strange part was the sound it made. I'm trying to get the video from my daughter's phone, but it was not a tornado siren. Sounded more like an old time air raid siren?? Very strange, and I cannot find any info on it online other than a few other people asking questions on their facebook pages. If I find the video, I will edit a post it.
I'm sorry, but this is far too little information to identify what make/model of siren this is. Sirens are sirens, there isn't a specific "tornado" or "air raid" siren.

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:45 am

dpayne82 wrote:

did it sound like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YpkpRvjpxg
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

Someone22

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:32 am

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6887817 ... 56!6m1!1e1

I was google maps siren hunting the other day and stumbled upon that.

It looks like some sort of lightning detector.

Ziginox

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:42 am

Someone22 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:32 am
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6887817 ... 56!6m1!1e1

I was google maps siren hunting the other day and stumbled upon that.

It looks like some sort of lightning detector.
That would be my guess. It's either that or some municipal networking gear, there's a cable company line going to it.

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:02 am

dpayne82 wrote:

Upload to YouTube as unlisted and send a link.
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

BritishCyclone125
YouTube Username: Dominated!

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:34 am

Found some unknown fire horns in Norway, ME

https://goo.gl/maps/uEwDA2xWnrj
Seen a: KM Europ, small Klaxon siren and a Gents' of Leicester "ahooga" horn.
Also a big fan of both Apollo and Protec fire alarms.

Return to “Mystery Sirens”