jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Re: Hawaii air raid testing to begin Friday

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:31 am

Model L wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:41 am
yes, they actually can hit S***. Namely ME, apparently. and no, china wouldnt pounce. CHINA SUPPLIES THEM WITH COAL AND THEY HAVE A TRADE AGREEMENT. federal will never bring back the thunderbolt, and hawaii will not start refurbishing their thunderbolts. stop dreamin and live in the real world for a day or 2.
Ahem Im pretty sure if they saw Nk launching nukes and they felt threatened Nk would be gone
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:01 am

jacob585 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:31 am
Model L wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:41 am
yes, they actually can hit S***. Namely ME, apparently. and no, china wouldnt pounce. CHINA SUPPLIES THEM WITH COAL AND THEY HAVE A TRADE AGREEMENT. federal will never bring back the thunderbolt, and hawaii will not start refurbishing their thunderbolts. stop dreamin and live in the real world for a day or 2.
Ahem Im pretty sure if they saw Nk launching nukes and they felt threatened Nk would be gone
Please stop this foolish nonsense. Your statements are ignorant and unnecessary. Thanks!
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Travis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: DL1011

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:22 am

I see where someone said that Hawaii had replaced all the legacy SiraTone controllers with UV. I have been to the Big Island 3 times in the last 12 months and could swear that the unit nearest my friends' house still has the original 612 smaller box/battery boxes on it. Streetview confirms, but imagery is from 2011...

I will say, however, that I have also seen one or two examples of the -II series Modulators at some former SD-10 locations. One of them being in Waimea, IIRC.
-The Princess

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:29 am

SirenkiD wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:22 am
I see where someone said that Hawaii had replaced all the legacy SiraTone controllers with UV. I have been to the Big Island 3 times in the last 12 months and could swear that the unit nearest my friends' house still has the original 612 smaller box/battery boxes on it. Streetview confirms, but imagery is from 2011...
Those boxes might be MC controls. They are close to the size of the SiraTone cabinets. There was a video on an MC controlled 612 on YouTube, but it was dying in the video presumably due to bad batteries. If I'm not mistaken they replaced it with a MOD6024B last year. As far as I know both the MC and MCP controls are compatible with their activation system.

I think the controls needed to be two-way capable and able to function with Federal's FSK protocol to retain the panels which is why the I-Forces were upgraded. If the internet based activation resembles anything to what Eaton uses on their WAVES series sirens, then the only thing setting it apart from an ordinary radio activated siren is that they are using a modem to establish a VoIP connection for the FSK transmission instead of the radio system. I'm not too sure if Federal's FSK was around when the SiraTone controls were still being produced. In theory if the cabinet could do it than there wouldn't be a need to upgrade the panels, although considering the rep that those evil little yellow boxes have I'd get rid of them anyway to avoid the liability. I'm pretty sure that HI has replaced them all by now though.
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:12 am

DJ2226 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:29 am
Those boxes might be MC controls. They are close to the size of the SiraTone cabinets. There was a video on an MC controlled 612 on YouTube, but it was dying in the video presumably due to bad batteries. If I'm not mistaken they replaced it with a MOD6024B last year. As far as I know both the MC and MCP controls are compatible with their activation system.
If that 612 was glossy green and could only sound in beeps then that was a UV controlled 612 with an ant infestation ruining the controls. The replacement video shows the siren with UV controls at the base.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

metalstorm
YouTube Username: metalstorm1217

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Thank you much for the info. I am aware of the effects of a recording like that affecting the drivers but some EMs have done stranger things. Wichita Falls tbolt whoop during testing for example. I myself would like to comment further on NKs nuclear capabilty but that sort of thing should be.kept in the off topic section.

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:57 pm

metalstorm wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:56 pm
Thank you much for the info. I am aware of the effects of a recording like that affecting the drivers
Sorry what?
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

Derpulator5020
Read Only
YouTube Username: Quentin Richards

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:49 am

Saw a Fox News report on that late last night. Had a video of a green MOD3012 doing dual-tone wail.
Quentin Richards, or LonestarSirens. Call me whatever.
Main channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkq9AR ... PS4r5XT_tQ
Siren channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsx_Dc ... XgVcYsRmSQ

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”