insertusernamehere94

Re: The Mystery Is Revealed: Scream-Master Sirens.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:59 am

We just gonna ignore the fact that San Disgo and surrounding areas had 85 of these? The city of San Diego had 72 alone! I havent seen any documentation about it at all. Im really bothered by it. San Diego had this huge system of these we know nothing about.

All I know is that the city system was completed in 1958, and that it had 72 Scream Masters.

So yeah I’m bumping this post because I wanna get this whole thing figured out and maybe get some photo evidence as well. Its bugging me lol.

Jackson95

Sat May 11, 2019 2:34 am

Now im starting to think that maybe those disputed naming sirens in LA that some people think a H.O.R.s or Federals might be some sorts of hedburg, or scream masters.
Just your average 14 year old Siren kid from O'Fallon. Living in a town with a mix of sirens.

Daniel

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:18 am

The long gone Hedberg sirens (my avatar) were at Fire Stations 3, Old Station 4 (now Station 30), station 5, Station 7, & Station 8.
I saw a Hedberg back in the 1980’s on a pole in Palo Alto that looked like the one in your avatar. It might still be there.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

mactrak7
New User

Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:51 pm

I know this is an old post, but I was reading it and wanted to give some information. Here in Colorado Springs Colorado, we used to have sirens. They all had Scream Master poles but had different heads on them. We had Federal Signal 550 AT's, Model 5T,s, Mobil Directo's and Thunderbolt 1000's, again these were mounted on Scream Master poles, and according to the tags on the power box, were made in Pamona California. We no longer have them in Colorado Springs as of the late 1980's, but a few municipalities around still have some.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”