q2bman

Wed May 23, 2007 3:45 pm

Thanks all! I found a Tornado I on Ebay and snatched it up! It'll be here later!
Q2B or not 2B that is the question.

q2bman

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:59 am

and burnt it up. I guess it isn't made to start under a pressure load. The guys on ebay I bought it from let me return it and step up to a Tornado III. I'll have to see how this one goes.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:10 pm

q2bman wrote:and burnt it up. I guess it isn't made to start under a pressure load. The guys on ebay I bought it from let me return it and step up to a Tornado III. I'll have to see how this one goes.

Oh geez! Yea, you'll burn up any electric compressor up under load. You need a relief valve between the compressor and the tank. Its best to find a check valve with a built in unloader. I didn't even think about mentioning this. I guess I assumed it had one but I think only the more pricey Viair ones come with that built into the air line.

You might be able to replace the motor on the compressor. There are plenty of 12v motors on ebay.

But even with a Tornado III, you'll still need a relief valve to unload the pressure.

q2bman

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:21 am

better late than never! The motor is fine but the pump is shot. It will not build pressure and leaks air when it off. I guess i need a valve like you mentioned. Where are they sold?

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”