Hope Creek ACA System

Weird story.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:15 pm

When I was taking pictures down in Lower Alloways Creek Twp by the local N.G.S, a cop asked me what i was doing, since I had a camera and I was down by the siren! Maybe since I am 13 years old!!!!!!! Has this ever happened to you? I hope not.
ACA/ASC Still Moves On!

mgear

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:39 pm

Yeah it has happed to me but then i told him then he drove off.
Sean Matt

Daniel

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:40 pm

Ever been arrested for copyright violation? It's a much more serious crime than photographing sirens.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:39 am

Daniel wrote:Ever been arrested for copyright violation? It's a much more serious crime than photographing sirens.
I agree. you'd get in a million times more trouble stealing others' work, than actually creating work of your own.

No, its never happened to me. There aren't any cops around here.

kswx29

Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:56 am

No, but when ever i E-Mail a County EM About information about the sirens in the county, they want to know why i want to know where they are, if i plan on doing anything to them, that sort of stuff. I usually tell them i am a Siren Enthusiast and what not and they just go on with normal business.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:46 am

Last June, I ran into some trouble while trying to video the 2001s at the Chino Prison by where I live. I was on a public sidewalk that was next to the fence of the prison and I figured someone monitoring the siren I was trying to record saw me up by the fence with a camera. A local Chino cop stopped me at first then searched me before turning me over to two prison security guards who questioned me some more. I was forced to either give them my camera or completely clear the memory card of all pictures and videos.

http://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewtop ... ght=busted

The guards told me that they were concened I could be helping an immate escape by taking pictures of "vital areas or security features" or that someone could use my pictures to plan an escape if I posted them on a public domain.

I didn't get a successful test video until two months after the incident but even then, I hid in a nearby alley and made sure no one else was watching before I brought out the camera.

:wink:

In my November 3rd video, you can see the fence across the street that I was standing next to when I got busted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z-20JH_oHE
"Calling Out To All"

Archon

Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:04 am

I got questioned in Darian IL video taping the Hurricane which was right next to the pumping station. It was caught on the video tape as the siren was going off.

Jim_Ferer

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:02 am

Taking pictures at a prison fence is going to get you questioned, at least. There's no free speech right involved. If you really want the siren pics and/or video, you can try calling them up beforehand and saying who you are and what you intend to do and why, and just maybe they'll let you do it.

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:13 pm

Archon wrote:I got questioned in Darian IL video taping the Hurricane which was right next to the pumping station. It was caught on the video tape as the siren was going off.
Really? Did you ever show us that video? I remember the one that Dorslo had, but I don't remember yours.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”