federalsignaliscool

Mount Akerneset, Norway Siren Map

Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:02 am

After 3 days of actively looking and another 2 weeks of occasionally checking around the area, I have finally mapped out an avalanche siren system! It is in the Mount Akerneset mountain range in the fjords of west-central Norway. The system contains 12* Telegrafia Pavian 600s across the More Og Romsdal county.

If you have any PAVIAN locations (I've personally found a few horns but didn't include them,) please let me know by pinging/DMing me on Discord (I am in the Siren Enthusiasts and Goldcrest siren servers) or you can comment in the post. If you choose the latter, I might be slightly slower to respond but I'll see it nonetheless. If you want to use my locations in your map, please ping me in Discord or comment. Thanks!

Without further ado, here is the map link!

Mount Akerneset Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl ... ETWgg0&ll=
From the creator of the Official Arctic Siren Map :D

CarterMasterAlt
YouTube Username: Sirens of Bexar County
Discord: sirensofbexarcounty

Re: Mount Akerneset, Norway Siren Map

Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:32 pm

Nice map, but sometimes they all aren't 600s unless they only use 600Watts on all.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

federalsignaliscool

Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:03 pm

I just assumed that I saw other Pavians with 8 horns and they were labeled 600W, that these ones were too. I'll remove that wattage rating since it's probably not how I thought it was

Bijay
YouTube Username: 5ijay

Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:02 am

Must sound truly surreal whenever all these sirens activate at once.
Holler!
Bijay/chefiBG
Your unlocal PNW resident!

Email : [email protected]

CarterMasterAlt

Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:28 am

federalsignaliscool wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:03 pm
I just assumed that I saw other Pavians with 8 horns and they were labeled 600W, that these ones were too. I'll remove that wattage rating since it's probably not how I thought it was
You don't have to remove them, I was just saying some sirens aren't all 600Ws
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Digisirran

Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:57 pm

Telegrafia's site says 300W to 4800W. So, I guess 4 horns equate 600W meaning each horn has a 150W driver. Looks like your map contains 600W siren units and 1200W units, and can be distinguished just from the horn count on them knowing the driver wattages too.

Helsem, Stranda, Linge, Geiranger = 600W
Fjørå, Sylte, Tafjord, Norddal, Eidsdal, Møllsbygda, Hellesylt, Dalsbygda = 1200W

federalsignaliscool

Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:32 am

Thank you very much! I knew some had 4 hours and some had 8, but I was in a rush to make it correct and ended up making it incorrect. I will now change the wattage accordingly. Thanks again!

CarterMasterAlt

Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:17 am

Also some nice findings!!

CarterMasterAlt

Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:18 am

Bijay wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:02 am
Must sound truly surreal whenever all these sirens activate at once.
agreed

Despicable_Raven
New User

Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:24 pm

Interesting, I've also already tried to map all siren locations in the area around the Geiranger Fjord, but so far I've only been able to find 12 locations, which I marked in the siren map of the German siren forum (https://www.sirenenstandorte.de).

I'm curious though, where did you get the information about the sirens being Telegrafia's Pavian models? Because, as far as I could tell from photos and street view, all sirens that I've found so far are actually Hörmann ECI or ECN models.
There's even an entry on Hörmann's website in the references section (https://www.hoermann-ws.de/en/reference ... ann-sirens). It states that there's a system of 32 Hörmann sirens in the area that's at risk of being hit by the possible tsunami.

Return to “Siren Maps”