federalsignaliscool

NEW northernmost US siren

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 am

Today, Cody Pearson told me of a Model 5 in Sanirajak, a town that I only found a 7V8 in. I found the siren, but while I was also looking around at more images of the airport, I found a second Model 5, in the same airport! Then, he got the cool idea to scan all DEW (northern Alaskan and Arctic missile radar station) bases and found a couple more, like on in Point Bay, AK. I then found a Whelen in Cape Lisburne, AK and then a MODEL 5 IN BARROW, AK! The northernmost town in the entire US. Look to the far left of the picture to find the Model 5.

For the rest of the sirens, check in the Arctic Siren Map @ https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... NcgJks&ll=
Attachments
25838064.png
25838064.png (861.68 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Last edited by federalsignaliscool on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
From the creator of the Official Arctic Siren Map :D

traintraveler
YouTube Username: Train Traveler

Re: NEW northernmost US siren; three sirens in one Arctic town, and even more awaiting to be discovered in the Arctic

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:33 am

federalsignaliscool wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 am
Today, Cody Pearson told me of a Model 5 in Sanirajak, a town that I only found a 7V8 in. I found the siren, but while I was also looking around at more images of the airport, I found a second Model 5, in the same airport! Then, he got the cool idea to scan all DEW (northern Alaskan and Arctic missile radar station) bases and found a couple more, like on in Point Bay, AK. I then found a Whelen in Cape Lisburne, AK and then a MODEL 5 IN BARROW, AK! The northernmost town in the entire US. Look to the far left of the picture to find the Model 5.

For the rest of the sirens, check in the Arctic Siren Map @ https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... NcgJks&ll=
glaaad i could start this off lol
High Hoods!
Lord knows I can't change
Lord, help me, I can't change
Lord, I can't change
Won't you fly high, free bird, yeah

federalsignaliscool

Re: NEW northernmost US siren; three sirens in one Arctic town, and even more awaiting to be discovered in the Arctic

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:57 am

Yup, and we'll most likely be working on this together until we find every last radar siren on the list
From the creator of the Official Arctic Siren Map :D

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”