johnbeyer

Dutch Sirens

Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:16 pm

Hello, i am new to the board; let me introduce myself a bit
im 16 years old, and live in holland. i like sirens and ww2 stuff related to them. As i noticed not much dutch sirens are found on the youtube web or somewhere else. i want to change this and to start of , i will record a video of a dutch airalarm siren that is in my small village, i guess it's a 2toner but i don't have any knowlegde about sirens. and i want to change that to:)

Greetings from holland

John :)
________
MEXICO CITY HOTEL
Last edited by johnbeyer on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Gift

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:56 pm

Velcome, John.
We're looking forward to your videos.
Do they have any sirens in case a dike breaks, or are the dikes so well monitored that the public would be well informed before a serious problem?
Love the pipe organs in Holland.
Thank you.

Jim_Ferer

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:09 pm

Welcome, John! You bring something new to the board, we're glad you're here.

We've heard of British sirens like the Carter's and Castle Castings sirens, German ones (the E-57) and there's a French one I don't know the name of. When we see your photos we might recognize it, or your siren may be something different.

scooterbugs25

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:25 pm

Hello and welcome to the board! You will find a lot of information here, There are some great people here who knows about ww2 and of course the many siren types. . if the sirens in Holland are not familiar to us then Its always nice to learn something new. . Enjoy yourself, I'm looking fwd to your posts.

Klauskinski

Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi John!

Will you record a modulator or are there any motor sirens left in the Netherlands? I only know this type of siren from your country, but in fact, proper recordings of these modulators are actually hard to find.

Greetings from Germany.

SirenMadness

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:00 am

Welcome to the board, John!

Your find sounds fun!
~ Peter Radanovic

AllAmericanFE
YouTube Username: AllAmericanFE

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

Welkom, John!

Ik heet Ian. Ik woon in Ohio. Ik spreek een beetje nederlands.

I think the dutch modulators have the coolest sound. Cant wait to see more videos of them!

Greetings from America.

johnbeyer

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:49 am

wow, what a replies. i could not enter the forum since it was down?. well i don't know what the problem was ,but it seems solved now. thanks for all the kind welcomes. and your dutch is pretty good Ian :).
yes, the sirens in the dutch land are mostly 3 dishes on top of each-other. we don't know the whelen or other ones here hehe:) just dishes mostly on rooftops on flats, but i have one in my small village. it's about a 2 minute walk from here, it's next to the soccer field. i will record it with my dad as soon as it will ring :). :D

o, and about the dike's. well i live next to a big river called the ''Ijssel''. and most of the dikes are so strongly build since the water disaster along time ago that it is almost impossible to break one. if they do break, it will take a while for the national defence to know since i don''t see any monitored places near the dike i live..
next monday, the alarm will ring., so im making my cam ready !:) , yes. on a tripod lol
________
VERMONT MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
Last edited by johnbeyer on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnbeyer

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Oops, i forgot i do have scool next monday, so my dad will record it..if he doesn't forget, if he does, i will try to record or movie another time. i'll see what i can do.

John
________
Piero Carini

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”