Matt Hackler
YouTube Username: Matt Hackler

Siren Database

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:31 pm

I have a request for everyone. I am making a siren database in excel partly for myself and partly because the EMA director wants me too. In this post I would like anyone who has the right information to list it, here is the criteria

Example
Make: Federal Signal
Model: 2001-SRN
Decibles @ 100': 127

I've collected some information from the siren database here on ARS, but it does not have everything. And it also does not have all of the Decible listings. I need them from FS, ASC, Whelen and Sentry. Anything that is CURRENTLY produced by these companies and is listed on there web sites is not needed, as I've already pulled that information. But with FS, ASC, and Whelen I don't know that much about there older electronic sirens. I suppose the cut off date would be say 1950, anything that stopped production before that such as the Federal Lion would not be needed. Any help on finding this information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
"The Federal Thunderbolt siren is a rotating-beam siren that disperses high-intensity warning signals over a large area." :TBolt:

Justin

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:08 am

This would be a good reason to fire up some Wiki software on a server (not to brag, but I do have a server that can handle it) and use that so there's at least a community effort.

I'll let the cat out of the bag: but over the many years of me being a member of these forums; on and off, I was covertly planning (and with the eventual permission of Paul) convert the Siren Archive over to a fully dynamic system either based on Python (don't know much PHP) or ASP.NET, so we're all not constantly bugging him to add photos to it and adds the potential to add more information to each photo or cluster.
I don't know the server's capabilities, nor did I have the time to plan such a system by myself; so it died many times.

Anyway, I'll add what I definitively know...

Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000
127dB SPL at 30m (100ft)

Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T/1003
125dB SPL at 30m (100ft)

American Signal Tempest T-121
121dB SPL at 30m (100ft)

American Signal Tempest T-112
112dB SPL at 30m (100ft)

American Signal Tempest T-128
128dB SPL at 30m (100ft)

American Signal Tempest T-135 (ACA P-50)
135dB SPL at 30m (100ft)

American Signal Tempest T-135AC/DC
AC: 133.5dB SPL at 30m (100ft)
DC: 132.5dB SPL at 30m (100ft)

Some ratings might be slightly off

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”