q2bman

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:25 am

[quote="SirenMadness"]Slant: a system of Whelens in Wichita, Kansas, plays a Thunderbolt recording, to minimize using a way-different tone./quote]

Wichita Falls Texas also uses the Thunderbolt tone. Sounds awsome.
Q2B or not 2B that is the question.

AllSafe

Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 am

q2bman wrote:
SirenMadness wrote:Slant: a system of Whelens in Wichita, Kansas, plays a Thunderbolt recording, to minimize using a way-different tone./quote]

Wichita Falls Texas also uses the Thunderbolt tone. Sounds awsome.
Sedgwick County has only two Whelens that I know of. One is just east of Valley Center on 85th by Highpoint Airport and the other is in Bentley next to the elementary school. It is also interesting to point out that besides 2001s and Thunderbolts, there is one Model 5 and an STH-10 in Wichita according to sources from the county but I don't know where they are.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

sirenman1bd

Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:13 am

slant-40 wrote:Couldn't the distinctive T-Bolt sounds be recreated and piped through the speakers of a Modulater or some other such device? Perhaps the mechanical aspects and designs of the Thunderbolt are long past their prime, but the sound commands attention, even today. We have T-Bolts in a nearby town (Copiague) and they are certainly attention-getters.
On The Siren Archive, there is a Whelen WPS 2810 doing a TBolt imitation.
(I don't know exactly where it is though.)
There is a thunderbolt siren in my head, it is always going off...

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”