mgear

Russian T-bolt

Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:22 pm

While watching a show on The History Channel International about Russia's Roswell I believe I saw what sat a Thunderbolt on-top of a Moscow "Dome" building.Do they have T-bolts in Russia?
Sean Matt

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:45 pm

Well, considering Russia and the USA were bitter enemies back then with all trade and most communications severed between the countries, I'd say.....no.

Justin

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:06 pm

I find it highly unlikely. Even if Fed. Sig. managed to get at least one product across (there were trade bloc's from memory?) I believe they would have been labeled as communist and treated accordingly; a label which wasn't exactly favourable in the Cold War days.

mgear

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:56 am

I took the Cold War into consideration. Does anyone know of a knockoff of the T-bolt?
Sean Matt

Daniel

Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:40 am

I wouldn't put it past the Soviets to have copied the Thunderbolt, since much of their technology was obtained by spies from American and European sources. If you're talking about one of the buildings in the Moscow Kremlin that has a dome on it, most of these are topped by large red stars. There are several churches within the Kremlin which obviously have crosses, but the only Russian sirens I've seen look something like an E-57. Perhaps it was an old loudspeaker. Some of those from the 1930's looked like air horns.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Gandalf

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:04 am

Daniel wrote:... There are several churches within the Kremlin...
The Annunciation(sp) St. Michaels and St. Basils (the one that looks like
Jimmi Hendrix painted it!).

mgear

Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:15 pm

Daniel wrote:I wouldn't put it past the Soviets to have copied the Thunderbolt, since much of their technology was obtained by spies from American and European sources. If you're talking about one of the buildings in the Moscow Kremlin that has a dome on it, most of these are topped by large red stars. There are several churches within the Kremlin which obviously have crosses, but the only Russian sirens I've seen look something like an E-57. Perhaps it was an old loudspeaker. Some of those from the 1930's looked like air horns.
That is possibly it as the "shot" was just for about three seconds.
Sean Matt

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”