Whelen Rules

Re: Nashville Tornado Warning yesterday: how did the ATI's d

Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:57 am

Melvin Potts wrote:TornadoSirenFan wrote:
Ya i was in Nashville last month and heard the test on the first Saturday, and I must tell you I am sooo disappointed that Davidson county went with that crappy company(ATI). That thing sounded like a high pitched dial tone. I don't see how any one could hear that during a real storm.

The ATIs were sounded today for their regularly monthly test.

I was about a block away from the one at West End Middle School at noon.
The ATI is on back side of campus. I was at traffic light across from the campus waiting for light to change.

The sound was PITIFUL! There was no startup or winddown...just this high pitched electronic squeal.
Do the ATI's ever have a wind up or wind-down? Next Saturday is the monthly test for us down here in Tullahoma. ATI's are pathetic!! I would like to hear them for myself though, I may try to make it to Nashville for the next test.
Tyler Lund

Thunderbolt 612

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:10 pm

I'm not surprised that the sirens didn't go off. They should have gone with the "promotional" T-121's, and maybe some Whelens in the main city.

SirenMaster2000

Re: Nashville Tornado Warning yesterday: how did the ATI's d

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Whelen Rules wrote:
Melvin Potts wrote:TornadoSirenFan wrote:
Ya i was in Nashville last month and heard the test on the first Saturday, and I must tell you I am sooo disappointed that Davidson county went with that crappy company(ATI). That thing sounded like a high pitched dial tone. I don't see how any one could hear that during a real storm.

The ATIs were sounded today for their regularly monthly test.

I was about a block away from the one at West End Middle School at noon.
The ATI is on back side of campus. I was at traffic light across from the campus waiting for light to change.

The sound was PITIFUL! There was no startup or winddown...just this high pitched electronic squeal.
Do the ATI's ever have a wind up or wind-down? Next Saturday is the monthly test for us down here in Tullahoma. ATI's are pathetic!! I would like to hear them for myself though, I may try to make it to Nashville for the next test.
I think they do. I remember hearing a sound clip where it would wind up then would make beeping sounds with pauses in between.

Melvin Potts

Nashville Tornado Warning yesterday: how did the ATI's do?

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:23 pm

Do the ATI's ever have a wind up or wind-down?
I've never heard a wind up or wind down from any of the Nashville ATIs.

They just come on, sound for the test, then suddenly cut off.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”