500AT

City Tests Verbal Warning System

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 am

HONOLULU -- The emergency warning siren in Haleiwa now plays a different tune. It's the sound of the human voice, magnified.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/14061/40/

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

SouthDakotaBoy2009

Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:41 pm

nice to see a LVM test, how refreshing. I thought it was kinda wierd that it took about half a second for the MOD to repeat what he said.
You Are What You Are & I Yam What I Yam
My Youtube Account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalEagleInc

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:55 pm

SouthDakotaBoy2009 wrote:nice to see a LVM test, how refreshing. I thought it was kinda wierd that it took about half a second for the MOD to repeat what he said.
It's feeding through a computer system and an amplifier. However, that is a rather large gap from voice to speaker wait. :)
--bc

SirenMadness

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:16 pm

md5 wrote:
SouthDakotaBoy2009 wrote:nice to see a LVM test, how refreshing. I thought it was kinda wierd that it took about half a second for the MOD to repeat what he said.
It's feeding through a computer system and an amplifier. However, that is a rather large gap from voice to speaker wait. :)
Pffft. Digital. :roll: Bring back the tubes! :P

I always thought that voice broadcasts sounded somewhat goofy from the start, but what about people there who don't speak the broadcasted languages?
~ Peter Radanovic

Franz?

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:54 am

Lead me NOT into temptation.

Once, in a time way back in history someone payed attention in class and learned speakers make excellent microphones, and schoop PA consoles had a talkback feature. That person brought the High School to chaos by employing a speaker, left in the teacher lovenest, a console and toothpicks jammed into the console room locks. Fortunately said individual was never caught.

At another time some unidentified individual became annoyed at the lack of cashiers in a discount store, picked up a phone, dialed 2 digits that accessed the store PA and announced for the next 2 minutes everything anyone could push out the door was free, complements of the store manager. Again, that person was not caught, although he was damn near run down by a mob of women with shopping carts.

Another time an unnamed individual accessed the line from a radio station studio to the transmitter and made some announcements. Again, this person unknown was never caught.

These gigantic PA systems hooked to computers are a hacker's dream come true.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Franz? wrote:Lead me NOT into temptation.

Once, in a time way back in history someone payed attention in class and learned speakers make excellent microphones, and schoop PA consoles had a talkback feature. That person brought the High School to chaos by employing a speaker, left in the teacher lovenest, a console and toothpicks jammed into the console room locks. Fortunately said individual was never caught.

At another time some unidentified individual became annoyed at the lack of cashiers in a discount store, picked up a phone, dialed 2 digits that accessed the store PA and announced for the next 2 minutes everything anyone could push out the door was free, complements of the store manager. Again, that person was not caught, although he was damn near run down by a mob of women with shopping carts.

Another time an unnamed individual accessed the line from a radio station studio to the transmitter and made some announcements. Again, this person unknown was never caught.

ROFL

holler
High Leg
High Leg

ROFL

holler
High Leg
High Leg

ROFL

holler
High Leg
High Leg

ROFL

holler
High Leg
High Leg

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:37 pm

ROFL

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”