red04stanggt

Success!! Lenexa,KS thunderbolt 1000T 8 minutes!!!!

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:28 pm

They had the statewide drill today. I wanted to record it up close SOOO bad but like I said I was not about to stand in front of a school with a video camera. This was my first dual tone siren i've EVER heard in person close up. What a real treat 2 alert cycles and 1 attack cycle. I was waiting for the test to start I hadnt started recording yet they began the test 5 minutes early than 1330 when scheduled so I caught me off guard. I was about a tenth of a mile away from the siren pretty much the other side of the pool parking lot up the hill and in the trees. I heard 2 other 1000T's I need to figure out where they are. I have an idea where 1 of them is. This thing really wasnt as loud as I expected it to be. Any idea why it wanted to wind up again and quit halfway? What a workhorse siren!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4bfMt9cwUg

kswx29

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Nice video, and congrats on hearing your first Dual toned siren! My first time hearing a Dual tone siren was hearing the old 500AT by my old house. Hearing that compared to the T-1000 near my old old house was very scarey.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

EL1998P71

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:30 pm

I would have to call this a great audio recording insted of a video.
You could've zoomed in from a distance to see the siren.
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Success!! Lenexa,KS thunderbolt 1000T 8 minutes!!!!

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:32 pm

I wish I could get the Doss High School TBolt from that distance. It would sound just like that!
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”