bmeiser
YouTube Username: squiddy7863

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:23 am

soccerdude7330 wrote:I really hope we don't get any more ATI sirens. ATI makes poor quality sirens and don't have a tone that carrys far at all.

Please, I beg of you, please be anything but a ATI sirens!

I mean, there are cheaper and better sirens out there than ATI, don't choose the cheapest product out there because cheaper usually means bad quality!

Heck, you could get a Federal 2001-130 complete, BRAND NEW for cheaper than an ATI HPSS16! Even Whelen 4004's, Vortex R4's and ASC sirens! They may be a little more money, BUT YOU GET THE SERVICE, RELIABILITY AND QUALITY THAT YOU PAY FOR!

Besides, 2012 is a long time from now, at least go ahead and install at least one siren in each city for now, until the funds are acquired to fulfill the rest of the system!

I know the Tennessee Government and whatnot will probably see this eventually, and if you guys do, please heed this message!
What county are you in? I know you have been wanting to get sirens in your area for a long time. I'm interested to know how many sirens they are planning to install in your county.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:09 am

bmeiser wrote:
soccerdude7330 wrote:I really hope we don't get any more ATI sirens. ATI makes poor quality sirens and don't have a tone that carrys far at all.

Please, I beg of you, please be anything but a ATI sirens!

I mean, there are cheaper and better sirens out there than ATI, don't choose the cheapest product out there because cheaper usually means bad quality!

Heck, you could get a Federal 2001-130 complete, BRAND NEW for cheaper than an ATI HPSS16! Even Whelen 4004's, Vortex R4's and ASC sirens! They may be a little more money, BUT YOU GET THE SERVICE, RELIABILITY AND QUALITY THAT YOU PAY FOR!

Besides, 2012 is a long time from now, at least go ahead and install at least one siren in each city for now, until the funds are acquired to fulfill the rest of the system!

I know the Tennessee Government and whatnot will probably see this eventually, and if you guys do, please heed this message!
What county are you in? I know you have been wanting to get sirens in your area for a long time. I'm interested to know how many sirens they are planning to install in your county.
I'm in Dickson, TN. We are located 30 miles west of Nashville along I-40. By my estimate, so far we will need around 8 additional sirens to have a county-wide siren system. I have the Streets and Trips coverage map file if you would like to see it.

I've done some calling around to day, and got some prices on sirens from various companies (Sentry, Federal Signal, ASC and even Whelen). Since we already have one Sentry 16V1T-B in place, it would be nice to have the same type of sirens county-wide. But this is the County and EMA's decision, and just my recommendation.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Alasiren1977

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:54 pm

This is why you need to talk to your county EMA director and let them know what the best siren for the buck is. They may not be siren enthusiasts as we are and need some guidance, instead of some smooth talking sales person. :twisted:

Travis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: DL1011

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Alasiren1977 wrote:This is why you need to talk to your county EMA director and let them know what the best siren for the buck is. They may not be siren enthusiasts as we are and need some guidance, instead of some smooth talking sales person. :twisted:
More like whomever will do it for the cheapest. :roll:
-The Princess

bmeiser
YouTube Username: squiddy7863

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:02 pm

SirenkiD wrote:More like whomever will do it for the cheapest. :roll:
Unfortunately this is nearly always the case. White River Township in Johnson County, a county neighboring Marion County (Indianapolis), is currently installing a system of (thankfully) T-128's. When I asked their fire chief why they went with ASC instead of Federal like Indianapolis, he said that it ultimately came down to the lowest bidder. I told him that he's lucky ASC was the lowest bidder because he is getting some of the better sirens available today.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:01 pm

SirenkiD wrote:
Alasiren1977 wrote:This is why you need to talk to your county EMA director and let them know what the best siren for the buck is. They may not be siren enthusiasts as we are and need some guidance, instead of some smooth talking sales person. :twisted:
More like whomever will do it for the cheapest. :roll:
Haha, I am going to make sure that my county an EMA knows who is best to choose. It's not always about price, it's about the effectiveness and warning power that the siren offers. If it saves one life, then it's worth the money that you spent on it IMO. You can replace buildings and belongings, but a life is the one thing that you can't replace.
Charlie Davidson

Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

Alasiren1977

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:42 am

Is the Whelen rep in Murfresboro a reseller or a dirent rep for Whelen? I had no idea that they were located in this area. I think they may also have a rep in the Atlanta area as well.

Whelen Rules

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:22 am

Alasiren1977 wrote:Is the Whelen rep in Murfresboro a reseller or a dirent rep for Whelen? I had no idea that they were located in this area. I think they may also have a rep in the Atlanta area as well.
I believe Don Roney is a direct representative of Whelen. I have spoken with him several times over the phone, but he is listed as the official southeastern rep on Whelens website. But sure enough he is in Murfreesboro and he is actually the guy who planned and layed out Tullahoma's siren system 10 years ago.
Tyler Lund

Alasiren1977

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:09 pm

I wonder if there is a rep in this area for ASC.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:30 pm

Alasiren1977 wrote:I wonder if there is a rep in this area for ASC.
Here's the info I found on ASC's website:

South Eastern Regional Office:

Regional Sales Representative
Chad Hoftender
(800) 243-2911
(414) 530-7721 (cell)

Marketing and Acoustic Analyst
Joy Lueck
(800) 243-2911
(414) 358-8000

Project Manager
Duncan Kasukonis
(414) 358-8000
Charlie Davidson

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”