Fireman61341

Sun May 31, 2009 2:33 pm

Yeah I said that too, but we would've needed a time machine:
Crazywarriorman wrote:The siren in rockford was taken down somtime in the 60's when the building added a 13th floor. They gave me the dealerships email who took it down, but the dealership who took it down said they did service on it but they never recived it.

Jack Schroll

Sun May 31, 2009 5:22 pm

The Oakland City Council Preservation Board was quite upset. They launched an investigation and the school district stone walled them. We suspect it went to scrap.
oaklandvictorysiren.com

Franz?

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:36 am

Jack Schroll wrote:The Oakland City Council Preservation Board was quite upset. They launched an investigation and the school district stone walled them. We suspect it went to scrap.
Yea that would be a real difficult investigation to conduct, wouldn't it. How many crane outfits in the city are capable of making the pick? How many ironworkers and Operating Engineers Locals are located in the City?

I'd be more than willing to bet a Dollar a case of beer at the Operating Engineers would get you really well acquainted with the crane operator who picked the machine. From there it's a wide enough trail to drive an damn 18 wheeler down, sideways!

That trophy didn't go to scrap, it went to somebody's favorite uncle.

Jack Schroll

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:58 pm

It most likely did indeed go to scrap. I have been in business in Oakland eight blocks from that siren since 1974. I know all the crane companies around here. We just can't account for the operators that are employed by the school district. The Oakland School disctrict had been taken over by the State due to irregularities in their finances. Most of the district is comprised of bottom feeders. It is impossible to get any info out of them. Believe me, after spending two years acquiring the first siren, I wan't about to just let go of #2. In fact restoring #2 was part of the agreement I had with the City of Oakland.
oaklandvictorysiren.com

Jack Schroll

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:01 pm

We did run the Siren again at Burning Man this year. It opened my show for the "Rocket Launch".

http://www.time.com/time/video/player/0 ... _0,00.html

I am in the process of converting the electrical system to 12V neg ground. Currently it is 6V pos ground. A real nuisance to deal with.

jack
oaklandvictorysiren.com

michaelstuff98
New User

Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:40 am

The Chrylser siren is one of my favorites. Thanks for the pics and videos.

The Owl

Greenville SC sighting

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:15 am

Last year, I was on a Greyhound heading north for a little vacation, and along the way we made a stop in Greenville SC. I could've sworn I saw a Chrysler siren on top of a building downtown. I tried to get a pic of it but too late.

Can anyone verify that there is indeed a Chrysler Siren in Greenville SC or was I seeing things?
Hooo Hooooooo

Siren_Dude

Re: Greenville SC sighting

Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:00 pm

The Owl wrote: Can anyone verify that there is indeed a Chrysler Siren in Greenville SC or was I seeing things?
Could this be it?

http://www.greenvilledailyphoto.com/ind ... ay/sunset/
Your Canadian Siren Expert!
https://www.youtube.com/c/ColdWarCanada

500 AT fan

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 pm

A bit off topic, but was there ever a Chrysler at Truax Field, in Madison, WI? I recall someone mentioned about one there a few years ago.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”