holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:41 pm

In all practicality, how many of these monstrositys are going to be sold?

Sentry had a good design with the defender, and they chose not to push the R&D with it and developed this instead.

Toledo 2t22
YouTube Username: Calvin Mayer

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Me Want! I can't wait to see a video of it!
-Calvin Mayer

Tyler, how many sirens do I own now?

Calvin Mayer on YouTube

Ed Wise

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 pm

The motors on the 40V2T-B are custom built, fan cooled 20hp DC motors. Originally, Sentry was toying with 8hp motors as shown in a post earlier in this thread. Later, it was decided that the development of the more ?beefy? 20hp motor would more effectively deliver the results the R & D team was charged with achieving.

While the Defender is a good solid siren, We at Sentry feel that Omni-directional sirens are superior warning devices and require virtually no maintance as opposed to their rotating counterparts. This is why we do not push the sales of the defender as much, and just another reason why the 40V2T-B was developed.

As far as the price on the 40V2T-B, that, along with the specs, are confidential until its official release in a few months.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Toledo 2t22 wrote:Me Want!
I think this'll seem appropriate for your want..

:lol:
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Robert Gift

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Ed Wise wrote:The motors on the 40V2T-B are custom built, fan cooled 20hp DC motors. Originally, Sentry was toying with 8hp motors as shown in a post earlier in this thread. Later, it was decided that the development of the more ?beefy? 20hp motor would more effectively deliver the results the R & D team was charged with achieving. ...
Why not use the 8 hp motors and save the expense of custom building 20 hp motors and using more expensive 20 hp motors?

Would the 8 hp motors attain the same peak speed as the 20 hp motors?

Changing pitch is more noticeable than the sustained peak pitch.
Quickly attaining peak pitch is nothing desireable.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:16 pm

20 horspower? Geez this thing must have a battery cabinent the size of a volkswagen.

So what solution does Sentry have to make this thing pratical to install and maintain. It's getting along the lines of a DC Thunderbolt.

Jim Z

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:59 pm

The motors on the 40V2T-B are custom built, fan cooled 20hp DC motors. Originally, Sentry was toying with 8hp motors as shown in a post earlier in this thread. Later, it was decided that the development of the more ?beefy? 20hp motor would more effectively deliver the results the R & D team was charged with achieving.
thank you for the clarification. Plus, it keeps the model name consistent, which can't hurt.
Why not use the 8 hp motors and save the expense of custom building 20 hp motors and using more expensive 20 hp motors?
I suppose that a purpose-built 20 hp motor would be better for longevity than potentially overstressing 8 hp motors.

cmoore

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Is it true this one can pump out 130db?
Naptown Sirens

Nelso90

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Yeah, I thought they looked bigger than 8HP. These things aren't speed limited like induction motors, so I'll bet she screams! How many amps does that monster pull?!

Robert Gift

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Jim Z wrote:...
Robert Gift wrote:Why not use the 8 hp motors and save the expense of custom building 20 hp motors and using more expensive 20 hp motors?
I suppose that a purpose-built 20 hp motor would be better for longevity than potentially overstressing 8 hp motors.
Quite a difference increasing from 16 total hp to 40 hp!

But with the short duty cycle, would the 8 hp motors really get stressed?
I suspect they would merely take longer to attain peak speed, which is an advantage.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”