dilloncarpenter

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:38 pm

MisterTwister55 wrote:Some people suspect pranksters, some feel it was removed to show you more of the siren. However, a p-50 is almost identical but those are HUGE!
Yeah, that thing was bigger up close than I expected. It might as well be a P-50 turned on its side without the projector.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

Allertor113
YouTube Username: RLDproductions

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:05 pm

dilloncarpenter wrote:
MisterTwister55 wrote:Some people suspect pranksters, some feel it was removed to show you more of the siren. However, a p-50 is almost identical but those are HUGE!
Yeah, that thing was bigger up close than I expected. It might as well be a P-50 turned on its side without the projector.
So a Cyclone is basicly a P-50? hmm..... i have some phone calls to make...

MisterTwister55

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Allertor113 wrote:
dilloncarpenter wrote:
You want one? They just discontinued cyclones within the year according to ACA or ASC...whichever one I talked to.

Allertor113

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:26 pm

I though they were Still in production because on the ASC website they still have a page for the Cyclone.
Siren/Field Technician
Moore, Oklahoma

MisterTwister55

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:28 pm

Allertor113 wrote:I though they were Still in production because on the ASC website they still have a page for the Cyclone.
Yep, I know. However, I called them asking the price and they said they had been out of production for the last year or so. It is sad!

Allertor113

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:42 pm

So that page is like just a commemoration to the rarely used cyclone?
Siren/Field Technician
Moore, Oklahoma

MisterTwister55

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Allertor113 wrote:So that page is like just a commemoration to the rarely used cyclone?
Well, I wouldn't say that they are rarely used. In my tri-county area, we had 80 of them installed back in the 80's. Sure, they aren't famous like bolts or 2001s, but they are out there. People just assume they are bird houses. hahahaha

Allertor113

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:48 pm

MisterTwister55 wrote:
Allertor113 wrote:So that page is like just a commemoration to the rarely used cyclone?
Well, I wouldn't say that they are rarely used. In my tri-county area, we had 80 of them installed back in the 80's. Sure, they aren't famous like bolts or 2001s, but they are out there. People just assume they are bird houses. hahahaha
Yeah we had a cyclone but it... uhm... hwo do i say this... Fell down when the pole it was on fell over...
It Cracked the Stator and bent the housing.
Siren/Field Technician
Moore, Oklahoma

MisterTwister55

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Allertor113 wrote:
MisterTwister55 wrote:
Yeah we had a cyclone but it... uhm... hwo do i say this... Fell down when the pole it was on fell over...
It Cracked the Stator and bent the housing.
Where is it now?

Jim Z

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Allertor113 wrote:
dilloncarpenter wrote:
as far as I know, yes. A P-50/T-135 is a Cyclone turned sideways and mounted in the bottom of a huge bucket.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”