bork129

Long Island, NY

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:17 pm

I'll be in the Long Island, NY area next week visiting family, and know it has one of the best selections of sirens that do daily tests. Keeping in mind that I haven't ever heard a real siren since, oh, 1995, does anyone know of a good town to look at?
NAVY

CTsirenhunter

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:50 am

Without a doubt, I would say Farmingdale and East Farmingdale. The former has an A.C.A. Screamer and the latter has a Thunderbolt 1003 in great working order. Not so sure about how often either is tested, though.
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

slant-40

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:43 am

re. Farmingdale - the ACA Screamer has been supplanted by a Vintage Federal Model 5, and East Farmingdale has TWO Thunderbolts - one at HQ (Conklin St) and the other at Crown Manor Sta.2 Wellwood Ave just S of the Southern State Pkwy. Oh yes, Farmingdale Village also has a (yes, smite me) superb Gamewell Diaphone!

West Babylon sounds its VERY vintage Fedelcode 7T at Noon (126 Arnold Avenue) along with two Model 5's and Babylon Village has an STH-10 with a set of Cunningham Horns alongside,.

Lindenhurst has a set of Gamewell DISC type F diaphragm horns it blows at Noon and Copiague sounds its two Thunderbolt 1003's at noon and for alarms - one's a hi-tone (D-F) and the other one's a low (F#-A)
wayne

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”