Adam Smith

Board Donations Urgently Needed

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Hey everyone. Google Ad revenue is now insignificant from this board, and '07 and '08 donations covered the board hosting cost through mid-2008. Since then, I've been paying for the board myself, with the help of just two donations in the past 12 months (which together covered 1 month of hosting).

I'm at a point now where I need to consider my expenses for the winter and especially the holiday season. I've pre-paid the board's hosting through 2009, but my host is ready for '10 pre-payment and I don't have the funds to renew it.

Also, while it may seem un-greatful at first glance, I cannot accept offers to host the existing content. The labor involved in moving the board database, system, reconfiguring etc... is more than I can take on (I already have two jobs) and I have too many email and other dependencies on the airraidsirens.com domain name to consider transferring it. So, respectfully, I must decline offers of hosting.

Thanks,

Adam S.

TSMaster5150

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 pm

How much is hosting per month? Or is it not paid on a monthly basis?

Adam Smith

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 am

It's not paid monthly because I pre-pay for a year to get a better rate.

TSMaster5150

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:50 am

OK well I know it isn't much but I'm supposed to be getting paid tomorrow for helping a friend so I can donate $10.

Justin

Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:55 am

G'day Adam,
When is the invoice due by? I'm pretty impoverish for the next few weeks but should be able to send a decent amount over thereafter (and hopefully the US-AU dollar levels out a bit more) but I can't say how much at this stage.

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying a year for hosting?

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:08 pm

I ante'd up...

When the PayPal screen tells that it will redirect to Shiphorns.com, it actually redirects to an online store "Blyth Mode Shop". Not sure what that's about... Just FYI. The PayPal account confirms that the $ went to the correct place, so I think this is just a glitch in the link; not a hack, or anything.

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

michael2572

Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:24 pm

I know this is not what you want to hear...but I must mention it anyway. If it comes down to moving hosts (which it probably won't), I would be happy to move the board for you. I am very experienced with phpbb and PHP/MySQL and have moved forums around many times. So if worst comes to worst...let me know! :)

Adam Smith

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Paypal... over the years, I've used my sole Paypal account for ebay, donations from this board and the horn & whistle board as well as part of the shopping cart system for my wife's doll clothes business. This is why you see airraidsirens.com, shiphorns.com, blythemode.com and other domain names during the checkout process. Some of the settings in Paypal can't be changed. Ultimately though, it all gets to me just fine, as it's really keyed to my email address, not the domain names.

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Adam Smith wrote:Re: Paypal... over the years, I've used my sole Paypal account for ebay, donations from this board and the horn & whistle board as well as part of the shopping cart system for my wife's doll clothes business. This is why you see airraidsirens.com, shiphorns.com, blythemode.com and other domain names during the checkout process. Some of the settings in Paypal can't be changed. Ultimately though, it all gets to me just fine, as it's really keyed to my email address, not the domain names.
That explains it.... Mine has a shipping address (supposedly mine) in Italy that I've never heard of, and I can't figure out how to delete that either.... I need to be careful never to order anything shipped to me there. :roll:

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

loudmouth

Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:13 pm

i gave a littel,
wish i could help more.

thanks adam for running this!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”