Justin

Re: ATI question

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:27 am

CTsirenhunter wrote:a roughly two-second long "pop" or "squeak" sound from the siren closest to my dorm
A stab in the dark, but it could also be an intermittent short somewhere along the control lines (or power lines) that is causing this.

I agree, raise this with the controlling authority that controls your campus sirens as it could ultimately lead to a catastrophic failure of the siren and therefore putting lives at risk if it fails to sound. Have you noticed whether this affects the other three on campus?

It would be a good idea to grab a recording of this behaviour and show it to the controlling authority.
Jim Z wrote:they send a pop or tone to the speaker and check the current through the circuit
Multiple times a day though? You'd think that if the controlling authority set the frequency of this that frequent, it would cause alarm to those around it?

CTsirenhunter

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:04 pm

I'll let somebody know...as previously mentioned, I am on extremely good terms with the director of public safety.

I haven't heard the pop since last week. I wonder where it went...
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”