Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

SoundMaster In Reedsburg

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:27 am

Edit 2:
I have recently put up a new siren here in Reedsburg WI. I call it the SoundMaster siren. SoundMaster is my brand new company here in Reedsburg. The siren I put up here in reedsburg is a prototype version that consists of four electronic speakers in four directions, therefore making it omnidirectional.
**Note**
SoundMaster is my new siren company in Reedsburg, not the defunct company in Madison WI.
Last edited by Josh_S on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

uncommonsense

Re: SoundMaster In Reedsburg

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:09 am

Josh(bearlovesox) wrote:Decot Siren services in Reedsburg WI came up with a new electronic siren design. It uses 4 outdoor power horns, it has voice capabilities, and its located really close to my house. The one Reedsburg has is a prototype model. I have not heard it in person yet as it was installed not to long ago. There are rumors it might be put out of service. Its not on the market yet but will be shortly. The sad thing is it uses Whelen tones. I have heard SoundMaster in Madison WI is a older company that is defunct. This is a newer company. I will upload some pictures later.
WTF?!

Josh_S

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:04 pm

uncommonsense wrote:
Josh(bearlovesox) wrote:Decot Siren services in Reedsburg WI came up with a new electronic siren design. It uses 4 outdoor power horns, it has voice capabilities, and its located really close to my house. The one Reedsburg has is a prototype model. I have not heard it in person yet as it was installed not to long ago. There are rumors it might be put out of service. Its not on the market yet but will be shortly. The sad thing is it uses Whelen tones. I have heard SoundMaster in Madison WI is a older company that is defunct. This is a newer company. I will upload some pictures later.
WTF?!
Sorry for the jumble. I understand how hard it was to read it.
Last edited by Josh_S on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:44 pm

uncommonsense wrote:
WTF?!
I second this, with emphasis. That paragraph barely makes sense in that mess of a jumble.
--bc

Josh_S

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Sorry if I offended anyone or did something majorly wrong. All I wanted to do was to tell you of a new type of siren. Again sorry if I offended anyone (as I can tell by my karma). I have fixed the messy jumble.

CTsirenhunter

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:51 pm

I guess my main question here would be: Is the name SoundMaster trademarked by the old company? Also, this is definitely going to cause much confusion in the siren community, since we love the original SoundMasters so much...
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

Josh_S

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:38 pm

CTsirenhunter wrote:I guess my main question here would be: Is the name SoundMaster trademarked by the old company? Also, this is definitely going to cause much confusion in the siren community, since we love the original SoundMasters so much...
I don't know since its defunct... I guess since its defunct it doesn't apply. The name SoundMaster is just the name of the new siren not the company that makes it. The actual company is Decot Siren Services who sell the new SoundMaster sirens. But I too still love the old SoundMasters.

MattDean1003

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:54 pm

If THIS name still applies, I thought Decot was out of business quite a number of years ago...
James M. Dean

Josh_S

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:27 pm

MattDean1003 wrote:If THIS name still applies, I thought Decot was out of business quite a number of years ago...
Decot was decommissioned in the 40's when Theodore Decot died. Since it was such a great siren the name "Decot" was adopted into Decot Siren Services.

uncommonsense

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:11 pm

What evidence do you have you aren't making all this up? This all just does not add up at all.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”