Mods in Downtown Louisville, KY

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:15 pm

-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Mods in Downtown Louisville, KY

Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:46 am

Interesting find. They've got comments disabled for the video, so I can't ask where it was filmed. Because of the multiple TBolts heard in the background, I'm thinking it was either filmed near the University of Louisville, Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, or most likely, near the fair grounds. You can hear a Mod that winds down just like the closest one in this video in the far distance in this recording of mine from back in January.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EpsrQ-9KzQ&fmt=18

Listen for the Mod between the Attack and Alert portions of the test. I believe that the Mod at the fair grounds on Ring Road is the closest one to my grandparents' house, and I'm surprised that the recorder even picked it up, because it has to be more than 9 miles away.

My recordings from the same day this vid was filmed can be found in the thread below.
http://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

CTsirenhunter

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Well, since we can help you determine the location by the visual element of the video, and there happened to be a very distinctive building in the video, I went on Google Maps and took a wild guess that it might be City Hall. Sure enough, street view confirmed it: This video was taken on the sidewalk of west Jefferson Street, facing City Hall.

But since I know nothing about Louisville sirens, that's all I can help you with...
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks. Apparently, either they've swapped out the tones between the Mod at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium and this one, or I was given incorrect information about which of the 3 Mods downtown is duel tone. I remember hearing a news report from the stadium when the Mod there was being tested, and it was duel tone. You can hear it faintly in this vid, along with the Logan Street TBolt, another unknown TBolt, and a high pitched 2001, which is apparently the one at Memorial Auditorium.

If the Mod heard in my January recording is the one at City Hall, that's incredible, because it's over 10 miles away from where the recorder was. The recorder may not have even picked it up if it wasn't in Wail. I can't remember which way the wind was blowing that day back in January, but it must have been blowing from the north, because downtown is north of where the recorder was. I'm not sure how snow cover effects sound travel, but it may have had something to do with it.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”