CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:05 am

I have to admit that shot of you sitting on the grass behind the rotator box with that horn turning over your head cracks me up. You just sit there calmly as that thing wails away. :wink:
I like the way you strapped that vac blower to the frame. That's pretty cool.
Oh. I was interviewed for a news story back in 2001 I think it was. They did get a shot of my restored Thunderbolt with a short growl. I haven't put that up on youtube because I figured they would get me for a copyright deal because it's a channel 4 news story.
Last edited by CDV777-1 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

FedSig-Kid

Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 am

Wow, maybe we'll actually be recognized finally! :lol:

Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 am

This just made my night! This whole thing is one of the coolest and best things I have seen yet to be here on this forum! I was just thinking the other day to see what it would feel like to have the hobby put out in public, reaching out to all different people! Great job to all those who had part in this, and hopefully many more to come :D
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

countypoletop

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:18 pm

I wonder how long Mike's ears ring after 1-2 minutes of setting behind that T'bolt%^&$#@

FedSig-Kid

Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:20 pm

I wonder (since the board's linked to the article) if we're going to bee seeing some more members.

Nelso90

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:17 pm

countypoletop wrote:I wonder how long Mike's ears ring after 1-2 minutes of setting behind that T'bolt%^&$#@
Actually, it isn't that bad. The siren itself shakes to all hell when it's running, but when I did the chopper and rotator test, I wasn't running the blower, but I did have plugs in the ears. When I run it with the blower, it moves your guts around. I just ran 5 or 6 cycles of attack at full volume this last Wednesday, and it was just stupid loud at the lower frequencies, right above the cutoff point of the horn. That's when the vision started to blur. Double ear protection!! Just wonder when my friend is gonna get the video up!

Thunderboltlover
YouTube Username: thunderboltlover

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Nelso90 wrote: Who else was interviewed on this forum?
He sent me a youtube message and I told him to call me. We basically talked for 15 minutes and he was wondering if I could recommend any other siren enthusiasts in the MSP metro area so I referred him to John (jPa311979), Gary (garyhstorms), and you. :)
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1003

Rob Mast

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 pm

From the article...."That patchwork makes people like Rob Mast one of the leading authorities on the subject in Minnesota".

HARDLY!! But I must say, the bulk of what I do know came from the people on this board. Thanks so much guys, this was really a blast.
Rob Mast

Thunderboltlover
YouTube Username: thunderboltlover

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:05 pm

Rob Mast wrote:From the article...."That patchwork makes people like Rob Mast one of the leading authorities on the subject in Minnesota".

HARDLY!! But I must say, the bulk of what I do know came from the people on this board. Thanks so much guys, this was really a blast.
Well, I'd definitely say that you have the most intricate map of sirens in MN that I've seen yet. I can definitely give you that!

And btw would you like more siren locations for you MN siren map? I know locations of many sirens you don't have on there if you're interested?
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1003

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”