Siren_Dude

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks for the Location! Looks to be in good shape.

Here is the link on streetview: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... 59738&z=14
Your Canadian Siren Expert!
https://www.youtube.com/c/ColdWarCanada

Jim_Ferer

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Austin, Thanks for the picture, but just one question: 51 Av? 48A St? In Leduc, Alberta? Where is 1 Ave? OTOH, I'd love to visit the town.

System 7000

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Siren_Dude wrote:Proud owner of a C.L.M Air Raid Siren, Sterling M-5 (16/16) and a Canadian Model 2
When did you get a C.L.M Siren? :shock:
Have you got any pictures of it yet?

Regards,
Jerry.

Mantis

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:59 pm

Regarding the Mobil Directo-Allertor thing:

In the photo, the pictured siren has a belt cover visible on the back, which only MDs had.

Plus, it's rusting, which is a dead giveaway...MDs were made out of metal, and Allertors were made only of fiberglass.

Buddyfonteyne

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:17 am

Siren_Dude wrote:Thanks for the Location! Looks to be in good shape.

Here is the link on streetview: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... 59738&z=14

Yes, Looks like it is in Very good shape up close!

BIGMIKE SOCAL

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I own the Federal Model 7T Dual tone siren that came from Simcoe County , Toronto, Canada.
Big Horn Guy of Southern California... www.youtube.com/BIGMIKESOCAL

Siren_Dude

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:47 pm

BIGMIKE SOCAL wrote:I own the Federal Model 7T Dual tone siren that came from Simcoe County , Toronto, Canada.
Yes I saw your video! Do you know exactly where it came from? Also Toronto isn't in Simcoe County, so i'm not sure what you mean by that. Toronto is in its own little county, then York County then Simcoe County. Maybe it was from Toronto in Simcoe County or from Simcoe County in Toronto?

System 7000: Yes I now own a C.L.M Siren. It came from a town west of Ottawa. I will try to upload pictures as soon as I can but i`m fairly busy right now. I also went to the Diefenbunker (Canada Cold War bunker or fallout shelter) and will have pictures of that.

Mantis

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Siren_Dude wrote:System 7000: Yes I now own a C.L.M Siren. It came from a town west of Ottawa. I will try to upload pictures as soon as I can but i`m fairly busy right now. I also went to the Diefenbunker (Canada Cold War bunker or fallout shelter) and will have pictures of that.
Very cool! I'd love to see those photos as well.

Doas that make two people with CLMs? Didn't Archon buy a CLM and an MD and he's picking them up in October or something along those lines?

BIGMIKE SOCAL

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Siren_Dude wrote:
BIGMIKE SOCAL wrote:I own the Federal Model 7T Dual tone siren that came from Simcoe County , Toronto, Canada.
Yes I saw your video! Do you know exactly where it came from? Also Toronto isn't in Simcoe County, so i'm not sure what you mean by that. Toronto is in its own little county, then York County then Simcoe County. Maybe it was from Toronto in Simcoe County or from Simcoe County in Toronto?

System 7000: Yes I now own a C.L.M Siren. It came from a town west of Ottawa. I will try to upload pictures as soon as I can but i`m fairly busy right now. I also went to the Diefenbunker (Canada Cold War bunker or fallout shelter) and will have pictures of that.
It was from Toronto in Simcoe County. Not sure of exact location. I think when I got it I was told that it was near an airport.
Big Horn Guy of Southern California... www.youtube.com/BIGMIKESOCAL

Siren_Dude

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:58 pm

BIGMIKE SOCAL wrote: It was from Toronto in Simcoe County. Not sure of exact location. I think when I got it I was told that it was near an airport.
Ok, well that narrows it down, theirs 3 airports in Toronto, Person International Airport , Downsview Airport (old WW2 base, really not used anymore) and the Toronto Island Airport. Do you remember how you came across this siren for sale?

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”